Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I just had a few questions for you guys. Does anybody know the actual 0-60 time for a 1999 3.8 convertible with the 5-speed? Becuase I have looked online a bunch and everywhere it says 8.6 seconds or so. I don't think this is true, so if anybody out there knows the real specs, I would greatly appreciate it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I want to say the 99 Cobra was a 5.4 second 0-60mph, so 8.6 sounds about right since they have a good amount of power difference. plus your convertible will be heavier which will hurt the 0-60.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to say the 96 Cobra was a 5.5 second 0-60mph, so 8.6 sounds about right since they have a good amount of power difference. plus your convertible will be heavier which will hurt the 0-60.
True.....but still, 8.6 seems very high to me...

·
Registered
490 Posts
ive read the 01 cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 with pro driver.

i googled 99 V6 0-60. and ya it says 7secs... soo yaa. idk? ha

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive read the 01 cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 with pro driver.

i googled 99 V6 0-60. and ya it says 7secs... soo yaa. idk? ha
haha yeah idk. do you really think the difference between the coupe and the convt. could really be that big? o_O

·
Registered
507 Posts
haha yeah idk. do you really think the difference between the coupe and the convt. could really be that big? o_O

Weight is weight and less is just about always better. Just so long as its in the right places.

But alittle of topic but do you have an exhaust clip. I've got the same system minus that cats. I'm curious I haven't been able to find one.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: exhaust clip

Weight is weight and less is just about always better. Just so long as its in the right places.

But alittle of topic but do you have an exhaust clip. I've got the same system minus that cats. I'm curious I haven't been able to find one.
No, not at this moment sorry :/ but i will make sure to make one when the weather clears up! :bigthumbsup i don't know if you have heard of the huge storm here in new jersey!

·
Registered
162 Posts
well a rough calculation from when i ran my V6 vert was around 7 seconds, but i have intake, H pipe with flowmaster 44's, sct tune and crappy bald tires lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well a rough calculation from when i ran my V6 vert was around 7 seconds, but i have intake, H pipe with flowmaster 44's, sct tune and crappy bald tires lol
hmmmmm interesting haha. well come this summer, i'm going to try to get new rims and tires, so maybe that will help :bigthumbsup but i also have an intake, and a full pypes exhaust system. we'll see!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.