Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wish they would just scrap the Mustang and bring back the Ford Probe--that car makes much more sense these days than a big gas guzzling RWD muscle car.... :kooky:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
It already is ****** man I got a MT-82!!! It's almost winter I have no hope.

You must realize that for every shiity mustang post must be countered with a good mustang post.

What was Jmatero trying to accomplish with this statistical info? Inform more ppl to not buy mustangs??? To make his situation better so ppl agree with him? It's like if I go on a Mac forum and post how it cost 2x as much as a pc so you should get a pc. The 2011's are flawed to hell so you better look else were for a new car.

EDIT: sry if I sound like a retard here. It's just I don't understand the point of posting all this hate on the stang. Get a new car and move on.
The reality is, the more threads on this topic the better, period; it will gain more attention and more eyes on this issue is what we need.

I myself am being given the run around on anything from warranty validity, parts availability, properly warn in parts... the list can go on.

Hate him or not, he is trying to do a favor for those in need. But that's the end of my rant as I am at work and have a life to tend to.

Rant on...

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's one thing to have certain problems with the car, like the MT-82 issue.

It's another thing to report EVERY negative review of the car over and over again, redundantly. This is just a random survey...it doesn't mean that the Mustang is a bad car and that you will have problems.

To me, it's two different things. It's basically like us posting EVERY SINGLE positive article regarding the Mustang. One or two threads should be good enough, not 5 or 10.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i dont have a horse in this race, no pun intended. i don't care either way. was simply making a point from an outsider looking in on this thread. you seem to have something personal against jmatero and i was inquiring as to why.

That's bullsh!t!! I might not like some of his whine or how he like to twist and turn numbers sometime but i do like John. I believe he will get (us) either an extended warranty for the transmission or a long shot (new transmission). As i said before, he will be missed when he move on to his next vehicle.

P.s. I have no problem with my mt82, but longer warranty is good for everyone rite?:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Why would he be obligated to give YOU his VIN number? I wouldn't give you my VIN number either.

You guys have all rallied for months about how there is no empirical data to support the position that there are systemic problems in these cars.

Now the data is there, from multiple sources.

How about instead of being a *******, you stop investing your ego in your position and take a look at the facts?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Why would he be obligated to give YOU his VIN number? I wouldn't give you my VIN number either.

You guys have all rallied for months about how there is no empirical data to support the position that there are systemic problems in these cars.

How about instead of being a *******, you stop investing your ego in your position and take a look at the facts?
Now THAT was a good point!

Way to go Marcus!

·
Registered
734 Posts

Not to sound like a woman, but it's not what's being said - it's how it's being said. We're all aware that the MT82 has problems. What we don't appreciate is it being shoved in our faces like the latest steamy Lady Gaga news.

·
Registered
266 Posts
lmmfao omfg! did someone just quote themselves? now Ive seen everything hahahahahahaha
The guy just made such a salient point I felt it necessary to give him a pat on the back.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Well it's time to sell my mustang cuz let's face it all 2011+ mustangs are doomed to fail. This 100% scientific study proves it. We all know everything on the Internet is true.

BTW anyone who expects any ANY! mechanical/electric device to always be 100% fail proof is a damn fool. In a few years there will be no 2011/2012s on the road tru story.

I'm amazed I've gone 6k miles in mine just amazed!!!
Sarcastic? Yes.

Funny? Yes.

Pointless ranting? No.

The real point of this thread is two fold:

(1) delivery of the facts... Done!

(2) what do we, as Mustang owners, do with these facts?

Herein lies the mystery, based upon the responses I'm reading.

I'm gonna do what makes the most sense to me: appreciate this information, remember that my car has had no problems after 1 year and 22,000 miles, and walk away from this thread a happy man, knowing I bought the right car. I'll continue telling my non-Mustang owning friends that I made the right choice as well.

Point #2 is covered in my book. :shiny:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
We're all dewicate wido flowas....

Hey, an ******* here is an ******* there, but I've seen lots of people just dismissing evidence because it doesn't suit they're position.

JD Power
NHTSA
TrueDelta (whoever the **** they are)

And when that's juxtaposed with a million screams of "My transmission is having problems" on the forum there's a decent chance there's a real issue.

I'm just saying the body of evidence is mounting, and it's becoming more and more difficult to deny that Ford screwed up some things with the new Stangs. I love mine as much as anybody, but I'm on differential and clutch number 2, with no outrageous driving and at 10,000 miles.
There is a very small percentage of problems with these cars and that's why Ford has it on the back burner.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Not quite gone yet...

I wasn't making a dig at the OP and I wasn't patting myself on the back.

All I'm saying is there are constructive ways of handling the facts presented, whether you're on the winning end or the short end of the stick.

I say we do what we can to support our fellow 2011+ Mustang owners and leave the harmful, personal bashing and other negativity at the door.

Now I'm outa here... :shigrin

·
Registered
266 Posts
Really? Sounds like someone sign up alot of screen name on this forum just to troll/support themself and forgot what screen name he logged in and fk'ed up. No one is that stupid to backup their own post. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...
There's no way that happened.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a very small percentage of problems with these cars and that's why Ford has it on the back burner.
What do you consider a small percentage? Dude, its enough that it is literally all over the internet and now everybody is dinging the Mustang. Its not hear say. Its real. And its real enough that Jd Powers and others are down rating them. Its also real enough that resale has tanked out. Thats real and not hear say. IM not sure what else you need. NTHSA is on it also. This is not one of Fords better moments.

For the purist like me the 11 and 12 will go down in history as ones to stay away from. Im not taking the chance. Winter is coming on and then just watch the complaints go up. What ever the percentage is its way too high. The 99 Cobra issue is looking pretty mild about now compared to this mess.

Im honestly glad I dont own one right now as much as I like and respect Mustangs.

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Totally agreed!!! I think that SUPPORT quote is suppose to be said by J or one of his many bfs (other accounts) IMHO. Many of his supporter's account are made early-mid this year when he needed backup to his sad story. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
There are now close to 750 unique screen names that have posted to the transmission thread. The overwhelming majority have posted there about problems they're having. I have one screen name. The moderators record IP addresses when accounts are created and have zero tolerance for games with multiple accounts.

Do you REALLY believe owners with problems are creating multiple accounts on all of these sites??? Seriously? C'mon.

Just read the transmission thread... new members post there each and every day about their problematic 2011 and 2012 MT82 Mustangs. Deysha escalates cases based on VINs almost every day. The NHTSA requires valid VINs in order to post vehicle complaints.

Heck.. this was just posted 10 minutes ago:

Wblv17: Just got mine back and 30 miles later same problem. What a dang bad joke
c'mon

·
Registered
963 Posts
I just crossed over 6k miles, better get rid of it now before it starts having problems!

·
Banned
162 Posts
4000 miles. zero issues. just took it on a almost 2000 mile trip. so bad ass on the highway.

put in google for jmatero

About 8,940 results (0.06 seconds)

I hate to bad mouth anyone. but i think this guy has a real problem. after reading his past history from internet, computer, cars, and pretty much anything he owns. He complains about it. Or doesnt own anything?

judge for your self

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...gc.r_pw.&fp=80a6a0ce37d017e7&biw=1366&bih=566

·
Registered
644 Posts
Got mine out of the shop and took it to trade it in ( 30 miles) and they want take it because it is still messed up. I don't want this POS I got. Be careful how much you say about us that are having problems your Karma may come back to bite you in the Azz. Just sayn.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You don't even own an 11 or 12 Mustang yet almost every single one of your 73 post are in the same 4 or 5 transmission problem thread that your BF are in. John....is this you too?
Your right that I dont own one and for good reason. :nono: Put me on ignore if you dont like my comments. My heart still bleeds Ford blue and it hurts me to see them screw up.

If there is a recall after the investigation Im curious if you kool aid drinkers will be the first in line. By the way, my Dodge shifts pretty good. Its no Mustang and certainly has its short comings but its mechanically sound the best I can tell. The writing is on the wall and the MT 82 is problematic and there is no debate about it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What do you consider a small percentage? Dude, its enough that it is literally all over the internet and now everybody is dinging the Mustang. Its not hear say. Its real. And its real enough that Jd Powers and others are down rating them. Its also real enough that resale has tanked out. Thats real and not hear say. IM not sure what else you need. NTHSA is on it also. This is not one of Fords better moments.

For the purist like me the 11 and 12 will go down in history as ones to stay away from. Im not taking the chance. Winter is coming on and then just watch the complaints go up. What ever the percentage is its way too high. The 99 Cobra issue is looking pretty mild about now compared to this mess.

Im honestly glad I dont own one right now as much as I like and respect Mustangs.

Lol dude stfu. You own a dodge. There's tsb's cOming out for those daily. The 05-06 Mustangs had FAR more issues than the 11. We have a situation where 1/10 manual's are effected by this issue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't even put Jmatero on ignore, why should i put you? Explain to me why almost every single one of your 73 posts are about the transmission problem when you don't even have a Mustang? At least Jmatero have one. Stop trolling and go drive your Dodge.
I have just as much of a right to post on this forum as you do. My posts are because I wanted to buy a new 5 liter GT and then all hell broke loose. I tend to not drink the Ford Kool aid like you. I can see the writing on the wall.

By the way, I owned 4 Mustangs before my Dodge so put that in your pipe and smoke it. Im as much of the Mustang community as you are. I just got scared off by Fords lack of service and sorry ass quality control. The numbers dont lie. Quality at Ford is now job 17. The bean counters and attorneys run the show.

I will spend my money how I damn well please and dont need your advice. Ford has lost two sales because of this debacle in my case and will likely lose many more. I hope it cuts them deep.

Two words of advice to you. Grow up.

By the way Im driving my Dodge without transmission issues. It was not made in China. :D

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.