Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally decided on a hood that I want to get. Gts-3 Trufiber hood but I've seen alot of mixed reviews on the quality of the Trufiber hoods with waves in the fiberglass, should I take a chance on buying the Trufiber hood? Btw I'm prob. Going to get it frm Cruzinconcepts cuz it's a good price of 419$. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have one on my 06. Its been on now for a couple of years. Good quality,kind of heavy. Need a good prep,as do all paint jobs,for a good look. Fits like a glove and looks good

click the avatar for a better look

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which gts hood do u have?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I got my GTS-3 Trufiber hood from Cruzin' Concepts...
It looks great, BUT not 100% completely amazing...

I paid the same for my hood, but paid $500 for prep/paint...
to give you a rough estimate...

Make sure you create an account and keep your emails/receipts
...just incase...

My 0.02 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I def. Will thank you

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look good man!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have the same hood as Mrjimmy. Except my hood was Duraflex. I haven't had any problems except its very flexible and you NEED hood pins or you'll loose it on the highway. And hood pins add a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the duraflex a good hood I know it's plastic and a lil cheaper than fiberglass but I haven't seen anyone with it

·
Registered
915 Posts
Is the duraflex a good hood I know it's plastic and a lil cheaper than fiberglass but I haven't seen anyone with it
I like it. It's tough and I haven't had any cracking.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man I may go with the duraflex,btw did you paint it flatblack or is that the color it comes in?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Thanks man I may go with the duraflex
Again, plan on buying hood pins. $27 gets you the officially Ford Racing kit. That's what I used.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea hood pins are a must lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
yep,,all for the hood pins,,around 80 it does "lift" a bit. After the pins,,,,no problem...Mine were a PITA to put in though. And that first bite of the drill into the new hood is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts