Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and purchased some Alpine components to replace the factory speakers and add a sub.
Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp
Alpine MRP-M500 Mono Amp
12" Alpine Type R dual 4 ohm sub
2 Sets of Alpine SPS-517 For the doors and rear deck.

They might not be the best components but for the price they should sound much better than the factory speakers!

My dilemma... How to set up the trunk. We all know Ford didn't include a spare tire in the 2011 Mustangs. I want to still be able to retain some trunk space. i figure 1 12" sub and two amps shouldn't take up too much room. I am open to ideas and suggestions. I was considering doing a custom fiber glass enclosure and amp rack but not sure if it should be side mounted or what.. Any ideas and or pictures would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in same boat as you...just ordered a bunch of speakers and amps, trying to lay out the plan now.

I already have a memphis 1000D amp and a 12" diamond sub in a squarish box.

Also got a 4 channel JL amp which will drive my new 5X7s (JL C5's in front, C2's in rear).

So I have two amps. I saw someone mount their amps upside down under the rear shelf. Definitely out of the way, but I could have swore I read something that said do not mount upside down. Thoughts? My sub box would just go near the left or right side....and I'd have to think of a way to keep it from sliding around.

I'm keeping the stock head unit. But I also ordered a JL Cleansweep...and I'm really wracking my brain trying to figure out exactly where this will attach! Before or after stock amps? I plan on simply disconnecting or removing the 8"s in the doors.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm in same boat as you...just ordered a bunch of speakers and amps, trying to lay out the plan now.

I already have a memphis 1000D amp and a 12" diamond sub in a squarish box.

Also got a 4 channel JL amp which will drive my new 5X7s (JL C5's in front, C2's in rear).

So I have two amps. I saw someone mount their amps upside down under the rear shelf. Definitely out of the way, but I could have swore I read something that said do not mount upside down. Thoughts? My sub box would just go near the left or right side....and I'd have to think of a way to keep it from sliding around.

I'm keeping the stock head unit. But I also ordered a JL Cleansweep...and I'm really wracking my brain trying to figure out exactly where this will attach! Before or after stock amps? I plan on simply disconnecting or removing the 8"s in the doors.
-I mounted my amps in the back of the trunk.
-I went with the rockford 360.2 instead of the cleansweep.
-I also got a custom box done on the right side of the trunk for full spare access. The trunk opening is kind of awkward, and I couldn't lose any trunk space in this car (I had 4 12s in my 2000 BMW 740i and 4 12s in my old ML430).
-If you want pics of my setup, just let me know, it's worked out really well... I still have the option to add another custom box on the left side, but that's where the gas tank is... We shall see, good luck with yours man

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Started taping off the right side of the trunk, think i'm going to do a custom fiber glass enclosure, maybe work the amps into it, still not sure. I'll be posting pictures on the progress soon!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody have any updated pictures of their trunk installs? I am about to start mine soon and need some ideas.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Amp mount ideas

I mounted my amps on a MDF Board covered with carpet. One amp drives 4 - 6x8 speakers and one drives 2 subs. I also added a 3rd amp to drive 4 additional speakers mounted on a MDF board. The subs were installed in enclosures and put into the side recesses in the trunk.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts