Ford Mustang Forum banner

Trunk pop

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  grnvlmike 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on how to get the trunk pop button to actually pop the lid all the way up? The 'release only' is weak.

Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Thank goodness it doen't pop all the way up. The other day my wife and I stopped by the grocery store for a few things. Put several bags in the trunk. Somehow one of the bag handles got hooked on that little yellow emergency pull thing. While going down the interstate at around 85, the trunk ajar light came on.

I guess we would have had groceries all over the road if the lid had come all the way open.

I've been thinking about removing that yellow handle.

#6 ·
The kids are why I want to remove it. I lock them in there all the time. Keeps them from messing up the interior. I just don't want them to be able to pop the trunk and jump out while I'm speeding down the road. It would probably piss their mom off. She's already taken my keys away once since Christmas.

#7 ·
rondog said:
The kids are why I want to remove it. I lock them in there all the time. Keeps them from messing up the interior. I just don't want them to be able to pop the trunk and jump out while I'm speeding down the road. It would probably piss their mom off. She's already taken my keys away once since Christmas.
LMAO. Nice. Sounds like a good reason to me! I'm constantly wiping off scuff marks.

#10 ·
I would of liked a switch or lever inside the car to pop the trunk. It seems silly to me to be working on my car in the garage and always having the key fob nearby just to open the trunk.

#12 ·
The reason the trunk does not pop open is liability and safety. The reason there is no trunk release in the console is security. If the car is opened, the thief would have to work harder by pulling down the rear seats to steal what is in the trunk. I'm adding a release in the glove box.

#14 ·
trunk pop

Just duct-tape your extra fob to the space between your two center vents... Whaaaa La! trunk release in your car..... :what: :what: :what:

LOL, all kidding aside, I am working on putting a button under the dash. Did some quick investigating and the relay is tucked up under the passenger side dash. let ya know soon, but if anyone else has the answer, please post and make my life easier..

THANKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.