Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having a problem with the truck release not releasing? I guess I will have to take it into the dealer and have them adjust it. I hope that is all it will need

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Search the threads, this is a old and known issue... Dunno where it sticks, it's not the lock, but I can keep on clicking till it opens, or push down on it, or put my fingers under and pry it open, whenever it happens one outa five times... Normally I just push down on the trunk and it opens... some grease on the rubber seal might do it...??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
When I click the fob the trunk unlocks, but I have to push it up to open. Is this what you mean above? My Benz trunk flys open when you click the fob. I mean knock your teeth out open!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I finally had it with my trunk sticking... click click... no clonk...

I took the STP Silicone out, sprayed some in the lock and some on a towel and put it all arond the rubber seal...

Tried it prolly 10 times after and seems fine! No sticking, no clicking, just the clonk! :)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
sonny1213 said:
When I click the fob the trunk unlocks, but I have to push it up to open. Is this what you mean above? My Benz trunk flys open when you click the fob. I mean knock your teeth out open!
I don't think so, it just opens... but if it sticks there is only a click from the release but the trunk lid is still closed, but not locked... think it sticks to the rubber seal...??

·
Banned
128 Posts
sonny1213 said:
I am having the same problem.

It is now starting to interefere with my remote alarm.

when I arm my car after it gives the two confirmation beeps that it is locked, I get 3 beeps meaning that zone 3 (the trunk) has had an entry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts