Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and i really dont know if i should buy this car its a 2003 ford mustang automatic , alloy wheels, the body is in excellent condition. It has 150000 miles, it seems to work okay , im wondering if its a good buy or is does the high mileage mean it will wear out. If anyone could check out the license plate for me it would be awesome. 5CRS754

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am sure you could knock the price down a little. My mustang has 200k and still running strong.
I am assuming this is from craigslist? Look for things wrong with the car....look at the tires you could tell if it needs an alignment...that could be $100 dollars off the price...be picky...

As much as i thought i could trust carfax thats not always the case I had a car that had a clean carfax but i found a bill for the body shop behind the glove department.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yes carfax only works for wrecks that had citations or insurance claims. Which is probably 95% of them. Also you can verify the odometer andother records.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it is a 5.0 you are most likely to get a good motor just listen to it starting, running, while driving, and even when it shuts off cars talk to you if there is something wrong you will most likely hear it. Take a good drive in it dont be afraid to hammer down or let the owner take you for a ride tell him/her to hammer down these have been pretty good cars I have seen some abused and still run for a very long time. Good luck. You could always find a mustang guy local and give him some cash to check it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my 3.8 with 145k on the clock, and 85k on the motor. Still had some small stuff to fix, but we got it for 3600. Not too bad. The 3.8s can last a long time if you treat them right, same with the 5.0s and 4.6s. Be on time with your fluid change intervals and theyll show you good

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got mine for 2600 with 101k miles and it also had a rebuilt title. If its Craigslist then that price seems a little steep. 150k isn't too bad but it's not about the miles it's about how the car was cared for. If you could mock him down to 3200 I think that would be a good price. Like they said, be picky cause you'll be driving it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
5k for 150k miles is high. if its a clean title then like others said 3,500 is a fair price if its a rebuilt its basically 1,5-2k tops. where youre at can also make HUGE difference in price. where im at i can find a convertible with 60-80k miles for 6-7k so at 150k for 5k is a bit high for me

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
forgot to mention if its a cobra at 150k miles stay away. chances are its been beat on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got my 99 with 150k for $1,600 but it did need a bumper...
That's a great deal, I'm a cheap dude but I'd shell out 16 for a bumperless mustang any day lol. Bumper and paint 300 bucks. Sell it for 3000 after making sure it drives fine and cleaning it. Boom instant thousand dollars. Lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a great deal, I'm a cheap dude but I'd shell out 16 for a bumperless mustang any day lol. Bumper and paint 300 bucks. Sell it for 3000 after making sure it drives fine and cleaning it. Boom instant thousand dollars. Lol
After having it a couple years and almost putting 50k on it i wish i would have but I just needed a car at that time. It still runs great so I am saving for a gt or maybe even another v6. looking for low miles this time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey I have 213,000 Miles on my mustang and I got the car for $300...the car actually needed a little work and it runs great now. Only thing I need to do now is a paint job and a new convertible top lol...but for $300 I'm in the green still.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
No more than 3500 for that car.

Just picked one up for the girlfriend, 99 w/ 140K for 3200, and that was still high to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't do it. I bought my 126,000 stang for $2000. Keep looking

1 - 17 of 17 Posts