Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there long lost friends, I'm sorry I wouldve caught up more if it werent due to countless weeks in the Atlantic. These past few months, due to financial and personal situations with me recently joining the military, I havent been able to mod the car. Now that I'm settled into my new "occupation" and got a steady check in the bank, I want to get back into the modding life.
Thing is i think ive bene out of it for so long i dont know if thers been new parts or what now. I know i want forced induction, but dont know what kits are efficent or driveable. nor do i know what supporting mods. I'm not the car saavy. and basically just needing some help mapping out what im lookin for, which is basically goin to be a "toy"" occasional driver, since now i got a DD Ford Lightning to drive to work. looking to at least annihilate ZO6's, challengers, etc. not an all out drag car, but an out all bat out of hell on the street when it comes to power and the american road.
All i got is whats in my sig basically, K & N CAI, predator, cmdp, underdrive pullies, 3000 tci torque converter i think, bassani offraod x, resonator, slp loudmouths, steeda Lower and upper control arm, ultralites, relocation brackets, panhardbar. so what do i need to replace or need to add on, i posted here cause the guru's here know what theyre talkin about. so I'll take any .10's

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Don't know if you've seen them but TECHO and eldebrock both have some twin screws out now.
OR you can get a setup like mine.

Welcome back JOE

·
Registered
232 Posts
gears and a super charger would be what i do. 3.73s would be nice because the 4.10s wont even have your tires gripping

·
Registered
633 Posts
is it really that hard to get traction with 410 gears and f/i on autos.i have a basic stock car besides cai and tunes and 410 gears and if i wanted to go f/i.a low hp one as they make and cheapest would i have to change my gears.mine is a dd i have no problem now with traction on my stock tires.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Good to see you again :gringreen :bigthumbsup Understand the money situation all too much! :hihi:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks. lol is kenne bell and whipple still the top notch? yea i got 3.73's already at the moment as well. just lookin to see if theres anything else besides the kits that need installed to keep the car from blowing anything or damaging anything else. i never really got too heavy into the F/I part cause i knew i couldnt afford it. Now I can. :D

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
An aluminum driveshaft would be another option to free up some weight and ponies.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Welcome back joe! I would look at Prochargers, and the alum. ds. How about suspension? LCA's/UCA's.. ?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i hear good thing about procharger, dont know if they make an S197 application but check them out.

aluminum ds would help, and if you go F/I you will want UCAs and LCAs to help stabilize your car.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Trying to catch the mod bug again.
Then you came to the right place, since a lot of the posters here are definitely infected with it, and it does seem to be contagious.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
IMO, get a Kenne Bell if you want to smoke some ZO6's

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea if i were to go SC Id get a KB in a heartbeat, but I've also wondered if its goin to hurt the engine in the long haul. Durability is also something im looking into, which is what I've also thought about the HP Performance Turbo. between them two im just wondering what would be the most durable, and reliable of the two. of course im stuck at the tradional fork....SC or Turbo...BAH! :(

·
Registered
633 Posts
yea i would like to know if there is a blower turbo etc.that is the cheapest and safest for guys like me that use there cars as dd.and if it where to die i would not have a ride.so i guese my question is do they make a f/i, turbo,blower etc.that does not have to make huge hp so that you can leave everything stock and not have to worry.even if it only added like 50-100 hp.is there such a thing i am a newbie on f/i because i just dont need 700 hp car for my dd driven car.but would like to have 350-400 hp car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.