Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
From what I gathered from the TSB is that the 5.0 shouldn't be modded at all.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I wonder if this applies to the ProCal tuner

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's just an excuse for them to void warranty they made it official. :nono:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks like you should disconnect the battery along with flashing back to stock.
No bother you have exhaust with no cats, exhaust, cai they can void you. It also talks about clutch wear so any of the MT guys with clutch issues and mods are going to have allot of sh!tty news. All Ford did was make it official.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think it's just saying what we already know.. If they can prove the problem was caused by the mod, they won't cover it. Old news.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lol according to that attached flowchart, they can void the warranty if they determine that you disconnected your battery following a P1000 code :laugh:

And I wonder what this does for catback exhaust systems? Since those technically do increase hp/tq, at least marginally.

·
Registered
459 Posts
lol according to that attached flowchart, they can void the warranty if they determine that you disconnected your battery following a P1000 code :laugh:

And I wonder what this does for catback exhaust systems? Since those technically do increase hp/tq, at least marginally.
It even goes as far as to say air filter, not just CAI. The K&N drop in guys should beware too I guess...

Not gonna take my Magnaflow catback off to go to the dealer. That's just silly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
interesting. 15 characters.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
And I guess this means us 3.7 guys can do whatever we want to our cars and still keep our warranty because there is no TSB for it yet? :winks

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
And I guess this means us 3.7 guys can do whatever we want to our cars and still keep our warranty because there is no TSB for it yet? :winks
Don't jinx it... Besides the cat-back, I'd definitely put my stuff back to stock if I was going in for work outside of an oil change or something small.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
wow! so ****!ng rediculous

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
How can they "prove" that something like a catback caused a powertrain failure? Say two years from now somebody's block cracks and they have catbacks...

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is not surprising as GM has also been very strict on mods for the past three years. If you sold a widget with a warranty after designing it to have a customer modify it and then come scream that they want it fixed, then how would you feel? It's just too hard to tell whether a "mod" is a well designed one, vice some Billy Bob gizmo that was quickly put on the market to make a few bucks but also sacrifices the reliability of the car. Therefore, as always, if you want to play then you gotta pay. Most dealerships will have individual policies so I would talk to a service manager about what you are thinking about doing to get their opinion. I think axlebacks are completely safe since they are just sound mods, but anything else could be left to the judgement of the dealer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Must be quite a few failures if they are issuing a TSB for it.... I find it disappointing that Ford is apparently spending more time focusing on voiding warranties rather than finding the root cause.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why is anyone shocked. You're talking about a company that sued a bunch of guys who made a calendar with their OWN cars for copyright infringement.

The 5.0, from what I've read and the guys I've talked to at the track, has issues with the knock sensor reading #8. They've had failures stock.

This is going to turn into a publicity nightmare. This isn't 1984 where there is no internet.

This is not surprising as GM has also been very strict on mods for the past three years. If you sold a widget with a warranty after designing it to have a customer modify it and then come scream that they want it fixed, then how would you feel? It's just too hard to tell whether a "mod" is a well designed one, vice some Billy Bob gizmo that was quickly put on the market to make a few bucks but also sacrifices the reliability of the car. Therefore, as always, if you want to play then you gotta pay. Most dealerships will have individual policies so I would talk to a service manager about what you are thinking about doing to get their opinion. I think axlebacks are completely safe since they are just sound mods, but anything else could be left to the judgement of the dealer.
Not for Corvette and Caddy guys. Ya know, the guys that can afford lawyers and aren't 23 years old. It's typical of the little guy getting screwed.

I can see if someone puts their tuner on kill and generally doesn't take car of the vehicle. But come on, even the V6 has the car speeding all over the place to bad rock.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Has a TSB like this ever been issued before? I mean, everyone knows that Mustangs are enthusiast cars and therefore usually modded. I wonder what precipitated such a bulletin now and why it wasn't around 5 years ago.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was wondering the same thing . I was looking to see if it said that dealer installed tunes are exempt .
The answer is almost certainly yes. You even have a dealer install it for you, which can be marked in the system. The 3/36 warranty comes from Ford Racing, not from Ford Motor Company. They are two separate entities and shouldn't be confused.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts