Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
What's the next step...buy your car fully modded: exhaust, suspension, cai, supercharger and pay for it all at time of purchase and call it a day?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Maybe this is Ford's plan to increase the volume of GT500 sales

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like how they come out with a TSB for the #8 blow ups, yet they won't address the MT82 blow ups.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Do I still have warranty?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
took my car for an exhaust noise under the hood - first thing the service writer asked after pulling my car in was if the dealer installed my axle back - when I said no he said there was no warranty on my exhaust system due to the modifications and documented it on my work order

I am a lifetime Ford driver - Thanks for all the love

·
Registered
937 Posts
I wonder if we all simultaneously crashed our cars through the front door of our local Dealerships, would they get the message? :smilie

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I had plans on getting a SCT tuner with Bama tunes from AM (Im confident in their tuning capabilities) but Ford is just so flakey with modding this car, Im not gonna chance it. Ill do some appearance, handling, and sound system mods. so hard to swallow owning a Mustang and not being able to confidently modify it :mesad:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Has a TSB like this ever been issued before? I mean, everyone knows that Mustangs are enthusiast cars and therefore usually modded. I wonder what precipitated such a bulletin now and why it wasn't around 5 years ago.
Yep, both GM and BMW have very similar TSBs issued for all of their vehicle lines! I think the motors and parts are tweaked almost to the max from the factory. There is not much left on the table without sacrificing reliability. When you are already over 400 HP, stress on parts increases exponentially as things are tweaked even more, hence the likely hood of failures now increases at an additional rate. Couple this with the tough economic times, companies can not afford to just replace parts that fail due to customers experimenting with mods.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had plans on getting a SCT tuner with Bama tunes from AM (Im confident in their tuning capabilities) but Ford is just so flakey with modding this car, Im not gonna chance it. Ill do some appearance, handling, and sound system mods. so hard to swallow owning a Mustang and not being able to confidently modify it :mesad:
Watch out, your axle backs are on the TSB under exhaust mods. :nono:

The increase in power will cause your "insert here" to break.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is just insane... people have been having problems with #8 STOCK! I'm surprised they didn't just slap MT-82 failures into this TSB... because they don't know what the problem is with those either, so just blame the aftermarket..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Oh well. Hopefuly my engine holds together.. and I hope the transmission does too lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This is just insane... people have been having problems with #8 STOCK! I'm surprised they didn't just slap MT-82 failures into this TSB... because they don't know what the problem is with those either, so just blame the aftermarket..
Who had issues with the #8 cylinder stock?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Funny thing is that right before I saw the post of this TSB, I had just put a dynomax catback in my cart on jegs.com. I was planning to get the catbacks because I did not want possible powertrain warranty issues that may pop up with CAI and other engine mods...

...sorry guys, I guess this is all my fault lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
if they really think disconnecting your battery can void your warranty...i want to smoke some of that!

What's next, oh, you had a flat tire and didn't buy an OEM replacement and have it installed at the dealer?.. VOID

·
Registered
174 Posts
So what about Ford Racing tune, exhaust, superchargers? Only warrantied if installed by a dealer? Funny how the TSB doesn't address the mod parts that they themselves sell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i hang around a bunch of car forums, subaru, vette, and others.

first off, i think the dealer will decide if you are covered. he collects money from ford for warranty work. like everybody times are hard and they are tightening up. so if you have a good relationship with your dealer, you may slide but then again, if you have a defective motor, throw a rod, or your trans breaks, ford sends out someone to take a look and finds an aftermarket cat back exhaust they're gonna make you pay for it.

gm has been doing stuff like this for several years to they guys who would re-chip or put a aftermarket ECU on their diesel truck and pump out 1000 hp, chevvy is doing this with vettes, subaru stis had crappy EPA ECU tuning with a closed loop to open loop delay that caused the motor to run lean. that combined with fragile cast pistons resulted in trashed motors. you take it in, they find a cat back and you get to pay for the new motor and install cost.

its the way things are. no matter what you drive. you mod it, you take a chance the car fails, you pay for the entire fix.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So what about Ford Racing tune, exhaust, superchargers? Only warrantied if installed by a dealer? Funny how the TSB doesn't address the mod parts that they themselves sell.
FRPP warranties and parts are not Ford. It's third party.

Ford Racing said:
All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

21 - 40 of 159 Posts