Ford Mustang Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I sense a massive knee-jerk reaction by people who don't want to be held responsible for their actions!
This ^^

Seriously, enough over-reacting and stupidity.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Insert differnet VIN and this is me!

This is how I look at this gay little thing, TSB... Pay attention Ford
I ordered my car the way it is, why... the crap on the lot did not appieal... I ordered my car to customize it to be "my car"...
I could have bought a GT 500 or an SVT raptor truck but I wanted a Mustang GT my way... I could have went to a Toyota hybrid as well, but thats not me...
I waited 8 weeks for the car to arrive and I am happy with what I got... Why, because its mine... many like it but this one is mine... Do you know why Ford... to do with it as I want... yes I have a tune FRPP and yes I have a after market CAI and headers and high flow cats... After market wheels and tires... Your dealer installed the FRPP GT handling pack and FRPP tune...
If my stuff breaks, its not because I abuse it, it is because you sold me a POS...
I follow the owners manual... never go beyond 6900 RPMs and yes it says to use the Motorcraft duel clutch fluid in the transmission in the owners manual but it still shift like a 54 F100 when its cold...
I am a Ford owner... my forth new Ford in 6 years...
my VIN 1ZVBP8CF7B5156137
and if I bring it to the dealer I bought it from for some no nonsense item due to poor quality control or part failure during my extended warranty... you will fix it at no cost to me...
I say this with no fear as many Ford owners say to themself...
I couldn't have said it better(3 new Fords in 3 yrs), why am I worried? John, I Love your car, looks great! Ford has never done me wrong and I am sure they will take care of me as they always have in the past. I just hate to see all the issues on here, and then I start thinking about what all I'm going to have to do to "persuade" if I do have a problem. I have enjoyed my car for the past year, and I want to keep enjoying it until a re-design comes out in 2014. I think the biggest problem I have is that I LOVE THE CAR. I could trade it in on any car under $50k I want. I don't owe hardly anything on it, but I ordered this one, and this is the one I want! This car only needs to make it 3 more years, If it survives, Ford keeps a customer, if it fails, well I don't even want to think about that.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You can say you baby your car all you want. And its probably true. But they'll see your mods, and then stereotypically toss you into the melting pot of the guys who DO abuse their cars.

They have to prove the mod caused the problem, right? Nothing new there. But this just affirms they will use any excuse possible to tie that issue to your mod. There is NO way, however, that you will roll into a dealer for an issue with your radiator and they look at your list of mods and say, "Axelbacks huh...sorry pal."....As long as the thorough inspection of the issue to determine how it broke still happens, none of us should really worry about anything.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership. We had one Mustang come in, a 2011 GT that had 6000 miles on it with a blown number 8 cylinder. It wasn't the piston that failed, it was the head. I talked to our mechanic, what caused it to fail was the Number 8 spark plug had factory flaw where the plug screwed into the top of the head over the Number 8 cylinder.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2634467

Hmmm....a stock car with a blown 8th cylinder, but with a different explanation as to its cause. :scratchchin Say it ain't so. :gringreen

·
Registered
380 Posts
I call ********!
This TSB is made up like a partial cut and past and the content is like a 12 year old wrote this and used Abobe to turn it into a PDF:nono:

This is like saying if you stand up and run down the slide and the slide falls down you void the warranty. How the **** do they know running down the slide caused it to fall?
MAYBE it was ****** PARTS and/or WORKMANSHIP.

Just saying:shrug

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can say you baby your car all you want. And its probably true. But they'll see your mods, and then stereotypically toss you into the melting pot of the guys who DO abuse their cars.

They have to prove the mod caused the problem, right? Nothing new there. But this just affirms they will use any excuse possible to tie that issue to your mod. There is NO way, however, that you will roll into a dealer for an issue with your radiator and they look at your list of mods and say, "Axelbacks huh...sorry pal."....As long as the thorough inspection of the issue to determine how it broke still happens, none of us should really worry about anything.
The problem is, that's not what's happening. One guy took his car in with the sound tube removed and a plug where it connected to the intake, which Ford (wrongly, I believe) assumed was used for nitrous. They found a thread he posted years ago talking about modding a completely different car and canceled his warranty. While he may have been tuned, as best I can tell, Ford had no proof.

People can call the TSB gay or whatever else they like, but the fact is, if you go in throwing that specific code and low compression on #8, with a CAI and/or a tune installed, you're going to get your warranty canceled. If you get a tech that isn't aware of the issue, they will be as soon as they pull the TSB. You can demand all you want. There are several people with transmissions that won't shift without grinding and Ford refuses to fix their cars. I'm sure they demanded fixes as well. In the end they're only left with the lemon law.

And... For all those who scream about the Magnuson-Moss Act, that's nice, take Ford to court. The problem is a) While the burden of proof lies on Ford, YOU have to take them to court, and in the end it will cost you twice what the repair would have, or b) if you do have a tune, it may very well be your fault. -Thomas

·
Registered
580 Posts
^that to me was the most relevant post in this thread just my .02c

·
Registered
64 Posts
The problem is, that's not what's happening. One guy took his car in with the sound tube removed and a plug where it connected to the intake, which Ford (wrongly, I believe) assumed was used for nitrous. They found a thread he posted years ago talking about modding a completely different car and canceled his warranty. While he may have been tuned, as best I can tell, Ford had no proof.

People can call the TSB gay or whatever else they like, but the fact is, if you go in throwing that specific code and low compression on #8, with a CAI and/or a tune installed, you're going to get your warranty canceled. If you get a tech that isn't aware of the issue, they will be as soon as they pull the TSB. You can demand all you want. There are several people with transmissions that won't shift without grinding and Ford refuses to fix their cars. I'm sure they demanded fixes as well. In the end they're only left with the lemon law.

And... For all those who scream about the Magnuson-Moss Act, that's nice, take Ford to court. The problem is a) While the burden of proof lies on Ford, YOU have to take them to court, and in the end it will cost you twice what the repair would have, or b) if you do have a tune, it may very well be your fault. -Thomas
I find it quite disturbing that the tech had no idea that the plugs were simply to block the holes left by the sound resonator tube. I would have some pretty harsh words for the individual as his extremely uneducated comment might have been a serious contributing factor in Ford's decision.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
One guy took his car in with the sound tube removed and a plug where it connected to the intake, which Ford (wrongly, I believe) assumed was used for nitrous. They found a thread he posted years ago talking about modding a completely different car and canceled his warranty. While he may have been tuned, as best I can tell, Ford had no proof.
If Ford voided that guys warranty based off of this info only , then that is completely unfair and really no worse than a consumer trying to hide their aftermarket tune from Ford imo. I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right, just saying...

I know I wont be modding my car until my warranty has run out, too much of a risk I can't afford.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The problem is, that's not what's happening. One guy took his car in with the sound tube removed and a plug where it connected to the intake, which Ford (wrongly, I believe) assumed was used for nitrous. They found a thread he posted years ago talking about modding a completely different car and canceled his warranty. While he may have been tuned, as best I can tell, Ford had no proof
Where did you get this info from? I've read a thread somewhere about someone (99cobra something or the other) that turned out to have had a problem and claimed he was stock.

Turns out, google wasn't his friend and previous posts showed his engine wasn't the only thing blowing smoke.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2634467
I work at a Ford dealership. We had one Mustang come in, a 2011 GT that had 6000 miles on it with a blown number 8 cylinder. It wasn't the piston that failed, it was the head. I talked to our mechanic, what caused it to fail was the Number 8 spark plug had factory flaw where the plug screwed into the top of the head over the Number 8 cylinder.
I agree that if a person modifies their car they should be accountable for the outcome, but accountability is a two edged sword. If a car has a defective head (which can be verified), Ford shouldn't be trying to void the warranty because that car has a CAI, cat-backs, a tune, or whatever.

That's why having your car serviced at a reputable dealer is so important, and unfortunately not all dealers are reputable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where did you get this info from? I've read a thread somewhere about someone (99cobra something or the other) that turned out to have had a problem and claimed he was stock.

Turns out, google wasn't his friend and previous posts showed his engine wasn't the only thing blowing smoke.
Someone on this forum found where he mentioned having a tune, but that was after Ford had already cancelled his warranty He had pictures of the documentation from Ford and the tech kept saying it didn't appear modified (except for the sound tube plug) while the person a corporate kept pressuring him to find something. Someone (I don't know if it was the tech or the person at corporate) then found a years-old post he made on a forum regarding tuning a totally different car and they cancelled his warranty. Maybe Ford had other info that the poster did not provide to us, that I don't know.

I have no problem with Ford denying a claim if they can prove a person had mods and prove those mods caused the failure, but that did not appear to happen in that case. -Thomas

·
Registered
147 Posts
...but that did not appear to happen in that case. -Thomas
If this is the same guy I read about, he claimed he didn't have a tune in the thread he was complaining in...but then he was caught lying.

Once I'm blatantly lied to, especially on the internet, I figure everything the person says from that moment on is a lie.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Someone on this forum found where he mentioned having a tune, but that was after Ford had already cancelled his warranty He had pictures of the documentation from Ford and the tech kept saying it didn't appear modified (except for the sound tube plug) while the person a corporate kept pressuring him to find something. Someone (I don't know if it was the tech or the person at corporate) then found a years-old post he made on a forum regarding tuning a totally different car and they cancelled his warranty. Maybe Ford had other info that the poster did not provide to us, that I don't know.

I have no problem with Ford denying a claim if they can prove a person had mods and prove those mods caused the failure, but that did not appear to happen in that case. -Thomas
Sounds like an old wives' tale.

Wihtout a VIN or Window Sticker, e are quick to dismiss USA-made manual transmissions, or claims of a GT with a 4.6 due to the build being custom for an exec at Ford (both actual claims on this forum.)
We tend to need proof for these things - perhaps simply to barate and belittle the claim and poster.

However, it seems that when it's convenient, interesting or somehow has to do with one of our personal cars, we are quick to accept something as being true without all of the proof that we would typically ask for. Then we embellish and spread the damn story.

"Proof is in the Pudding" - Edgar Allen Poe

"Without proof, there is no fact - only fiction" - John 4:15

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
What about playing this card: ..."My mods were put on my car before this TSB existed...Here are my receipts with Dates of purchases and installations. When i did these upgrades, it was still legal and warranty-friendly....If having these mods will cancel my warranty, whether they caused the issue or not, then FORD should be responsible for covering the costs of uninstalling them and making it stock and warranty-friendly. Otherwise, create a grandfather policy for pre-TSB modified cars.."

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
What about playing this card: ..."My mods were put on my car before this TSB existed...Here are my receipts with Dates of purchases and installations. When i did these upgrades, it was still legal and warranty-friendly....If having these mods will cancel my warranty, whether they caused the issue or not, then FORD should be responsible for covering the costs of uninstalling them and making it stock and warranty-friendly. Otherwise, create a grandfather policy for pre-TSB modified cars.."
I am pretty sure there is a fine print somewhere that states this vaguely... enough to cover their butt.

·
Registered
159 Posts
However, it seems that when it's convenient, interesting or somehow has to do with one of our personal cars, we are quick to accept something as being true without all of the proof that we would typically ask for. Then we embellish and spread the damn story.

"Proof is in the Pudding" - Edgar Allen Poe

"Without proof, there is no fact - only fiction" - John 4:15
I don't think I embellished anything. I have no part in this argument, I'm simply a concerned consumer.

The guy had pictures of the back and forth documentation between the tech and the person at corporate. He also had a picture that specifically showed the post they were using to deny his warranty, which was obviously not regarding his GT. If you read the documentation, it clearly says they are canceling his warranty based on that unrelated post. How much more proof do you need? Again, I'm not claiming he didn't have mods, nor am I claiming that the mods weren't the cause of the failure. I'm simply saying that it appears Ford denied his warranty without definitive proof that he had mods and that the mods caused the failure. Had they used the post where he mentions tuning to deny his warranty, it would be a different story, but even then, they should have to verify the mods caused the failure, not simply jump to conclusions.

This also brings up other concerns about Ford using online posts to deny warranty. Apart from having a pic of the car with the license plate, how do you prove it's a given person posting? Even then, someone could post pics of someone else car and claim it's theirs, I know there are several pics of my car out there. I actually remember this happening a few years ago and someone knew the real owner (that turned into a great thread. LOL) Then there are concerns about just asking questions. What if someone asks something along the lines of "hey doods, I'm gonna slap a s/c on my ride, watcha guys recommend? got the money - ready to order - help!!!". Could Ford use something like this to deny warranty? A lot of this is new territory and I'm just questioning some of it. -Thomas

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well folks as I read this sure I'm a little nervous. Yea, I have a CAI and a 93 bama race tune and cat backs. I dont beat the hell out of my car, check the oil and clean the engine bay every month. If the car fails it fails, I will return it back to stock and roll the dice...what else can I do.

I would really like to hear from bama and get their take on this subject matter. I dont think they are going to create a product that has consistant failures that would not be good business. One would think, they would bump it up but not over the top the tune that is?

With anything mechanical you are going to have meltdowns with anything you have. I had a SVT focus with a cai, tune, throttle body etc and took it in for a comb through before the 36,000 warranty hit and the dealer ended up replacing the trans, clutch and a a few other items that were covered under a TSB and didnt say one word to me about it other than they had it for about 6 weeks.

It will be interesting in the next year or two to find out who's car melts down and what the dealer says. Guess for now, its best to take care of your car the best you can and have fun with it...its just money right LOL

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sounds like an old wives' tale.

Wihtout a VIN or Window Sticker, e are quick to dismiss USA-made manual transmissions, or claims of a GT with a 4.6 due to the build being custom for an exec at Ford (both actual claims on this forum.)
We tend to need proof for these things - perhaps simply to barate and belittle the claim and poster.

I remember that thread.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...eed-help-possibly-rarest-2011-mustang-gt.html

Problem with the internet is that ******** spreads faster than oil on water and without proof everything is "opinion".

101 - 120 of 159 Posts