Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at a BBK 70mm for my 97 gt. just a cold air intake on it. how are BBKs compared to Acufab? and will i need a tune for the 70. iv seen people say i do and iv seen some people say i dont.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already looked it thats why my comment is on there with the same exact question. just didnt know if anyone would see it since its so old

·
Registered
386 Posts
Accufab is way better. BBK is worthless and no you do not need a tune with the install of a throttle body. I ran my 96 GT with a couple bolt ons and no tune. However it would be bette to get a hand held tunner and give it a tune when you can it will really wake up your car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Just unhook the negative battery terminal while you're putting the new tb on so the pcm can relearn fuel trims with the new part.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Accufab is way better. BBK is worthless and no you do not need a tune with the install of a throttle body. I ran my 96 GT with a couple bolt ons and no tune. However it would be bette to get a hand held tunner and give it a tune when you can it will really wake up your car. :bigthumbsup

I have a 78MM BBK Throttle body and plenum. It added 10 hp with no other mods when i added it. I don't know why you say they are worthless? And for the price difference between them and Accu not bad IMO

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have a 78MM BBK Throttle body and plenum. It added 10 hp with no other mods when i added it. I don't know why you say they are worthless? And for the price difference between them and Accu not bad IMO

did you dyno the car to see the 10 hp difference?

·
Registered
30 Posts
did you dyno the car to see the 10 hp difference?
Yes sir. Lethal performace. We added one mod at a time started with the throttle/plenum. Then did CAI and Exhaust and pulleys then tuned.
Before tune it was 10 hp with just the throttle and plenum
after everything else (235hp for starters at the wheels) I was up to 311 with tune.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
oh i thought they were just talking about the throttlebody, but with the plenum as well i can see those gains.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
what all mods do you have and what year gt you got? i wanna see what you have to push you to 311 whp.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
ok, i was wondering what was making most of that power, the cams. nice set up, making good power n/a.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok, i was wondering what was making most of that power, the cams. nice set up, making good power n/a.

Thanks. Yeah i really want to keep it NA for now as it is my DD. and i drive about 200 miles a day :D But im looking towards DSS for a new block and rotating assembly to build up a motor for when i make it just a project car.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
BBK is hit and miss on their products. I've used some and it worked great while others didn't. Accufab is better, though I remember getting their plenum and it had alot of crap on the inside that i had to remove/smooth out.

I know I tried a typhoon intake on my 2v car that had bolt on's, stage 2 ported heads, dyno tuned and it actually lost a little rwhp and rwtq. But 311rwhp is pretty sweet for a 2v GT. Had it to the track yet?

·
Registered
30 Posts
BBK is hit and miss on their products. I've used some and it worked great while others didn't. Accufab is better, though I remember getting their plenum and it had alot of crap on the inside that i had to remove/smooth out.

I know I tried a typhoon intake on my 2v car that had bolt on's, stage 2 ported heads, dyno tuned and it actually lost a little rwhp and rwtq. But 311rwhp is pretty sweet for a 2v GT. Had it to the track yet?

Sadly no. There is one about 15 min from my house. But i have a 9 month old and that keeps me pretty busy. Definitely need to go soon. Might wait tell i get my new rims and tires around the end of next month.

·
Registered
308 Posts
the bbk throttle intake with the plastic pi intake is the best combo for 4.6l 2v's up to 6500 rpm quote modular head shop

i also have the throttle intake and i didnt feel a difference because the tires were too busy smoking after i installed it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iv also been told with a 75mm TB youll bigger injectors?
and ya im gettin a SCT tunner from AmericanMuscle once i rebuild the engine

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
iv also been told with a 75mm TB youll bigger injectors?
and ya im gettin a SCT tunner from AmericanMuscle once i rebuild the engine
Somebody fed you a spoonful of bs on that one. Your stock injectors will be fine for now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts