Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of anyone besides scott knoe who can tune mustangs .... i almost got all my parts for my 306 build and i wwanna have it tuned...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Robert Hindman (865)-688-7890 at Hindman Automotive off Tazewell Pike north of Knoxville. Google him and his brother Gene with the word mustang and you should learn everything you need to know. He is a good guy and a world class mustang drag racer.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
WHat are you doing that requires a tune? If your not going with major mods like HCI then you wont need a chip you can do it yourself. Otherwise if Bob Monks (Farmington , MO) is close enough I recommend him.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a high rpm 306.... brodix heads currently being bowl blended and chamber work porting and polishing.. victor jr efi intake spyder style with elbow... ed curtis custom grind cam and 7 grand worth of rpms.. full bolt ons

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didn't know he tuned cars in knoxville i knew he had all kinds of parts.. ive watched them race forever... one of them has a mean 5 speed car

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
He has a shop and builds his race cars as well as builds other peoples cars to help fund his racing. Both brothers have a slew of championships between them and show up in Mustang mags regularly.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they have a dyno and tune cars ? i have bought transmission parts off of them before.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah they got some good looking ones on there good lookin mustangs also lol.....I just wana find a good tuner like Pearson they seem to be good I have not made my mind up yet won't be home till around October and got a few days worth of work to do so I will be pretty busy once I do get home but this is the **** I live for I love working on stuff and making my car faster but finding the best tuner for me is what I am worried about most right now.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
called robert he said he could tune my car for 500 including the chip and all.... so that's who is gonna tune my car..

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
PM me Pearson and let me know how everything goes Knoxville is really close to me the closer I can get to Oliver Springs the nicer it would be. Do you know if they have a website or atleast an email address to contact them at? I am deployed and don't get much time to make phone calls plus being 8.5 hrs ahead makes it harder.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont know if they have a website.. but i will shoot u a pm when i get my junk together... and get it down there be about 3 weeks or so

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Ok I appreciate it. Hope everything goes good and good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts