Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of asking questions related to potential mods for my 2005 auto V6 Mustang, a number of people have suggested that I get a tuner and have a custom tune done in addition to installing a CAI. What exactly is a tuner and what does it do? Is it something that I can take my car somewhere and have them do it for me? And why is a custom tune so good to have along with a CAI?

·
Registered
470 Posts
a tuner is a handheld computer that plugs into your cars obd2 to give it a diffrent tune so it will firm up shift points and make it perform better you dont have to take it somewhere you just order a tuner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok, thanks. Do you have any suggestions as far as which brand or whatever when it comes to tuners, or does it not really matter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to add that so far I have no mods on my '05 auto V6 and I use regular gas (87 octane?), but I will hopefully be getting CAI at some point. So, for a currently stock V6 that uses 87 octane gas, is getting a tuner worth the money or should I pass?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh ok, thanks. Do you have any suggestions as far as which brand or whatever when it comes to tuners, or does it not really matter?
Do a search in the 2005+ V6 forum for CAI and tuner and you'll find more info than you'll know what to do with!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
You might also wanta check out the local speed shops in your area and see what they can do for ya. Some specialize in Modular cars like ours and may be considered a full servie Mod Shop, doing all kinds of upgrades etc. They can also be another source of information to help you get started.:wavey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.