Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so forgive any questions I asked that have already been covered. I did search but could not find an answer to this question.

I am in the market for a Bama tuner for my 2014 Mustang V6 Pre. I found a once used Bama SF3/X3 tuner from a local guy for $150. Its a year old and was used for his 2013 GT. Seeing as how it was used for a GT, is there any concern in buying this for a V6? Are these units preprogramed for the car they tune or do they have options for other cars? Can I buy this and pay for tunes for my V6?

I have only had the car a week and it has 600 miles. I added a Airraid CAI and ordered a new drive shaft to replace the OEM unit. I am also trying to find someone locally to change my rear end from a 2.73 to 3.31.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
for what this is worth....

some of the mods you are suggesting might void your warranty. You may want to do the 'bolt ons' and wait for the gears / driveshaft & tune until you are comfortable with the car and do not mind voiding the warranty. BTW, I'm in similar boat ( 2 month old 2014), and after some discussion w/ my dealer, I will hold off the more intensive mods until after a year. I want to make fairly sure the car is relatively problem free before I change gears or a driveshaft or tune.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
yes, you can buy it but you will need new tunes too. Make sure it is unlocked it will say unlocked when you plug it in otherwise any savings will be lost as it is 100/150 to unlock + tunes. +1 vote on paranoid fears of possible wtty loss but that is just me, others have tunes and will never go back to stock.

welcome and enjoy the car

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. I will hold off on the tuner and gears for a while. Oddly enough the Ford dealership will install my drive shaft without voiding the warranty. They told me gears (even Ford Racing) changes will void my warranty. I didnt ask about the tune because we all know that answer. I will just drive this thing for a year or two then play with it. Maybe it will make it all new again..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks fellas. I will hold off on the tuner and gears for a while.... I will just drive this thing for a year or two then play with it. Maybe it will make it all new again..

iagree.gif

Yeah, bolt ons (CAI / Axlebacks / Headers (shortys)) all ok, gears & tune after 12 - 18 months - and hopefuuly you're right and it will seem like a 'different' car... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts