Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been reading all this stuff about tuners and it says the sct xcal xf3 can hold 3 custom tunes plus the original stock tune. I heard of these tunes from places like bama chips, tillman, and another one but i want to know how to get the tune on my tuner if i was to by a tuner an i would want the best 93 octane tune for my 07 v6 with a k&n drop-in and a gt-take-off muffler i know this stock stuff but i want more power without having to do any labor work thats y i want the best tune for 93 octane from somwhere and how to put it on the tuner, please help me out thank-you brothers

·
Registered
566 Posts
you will have to call one of the tuning shops and give them all your mustangs info and the mods you did and they will make a custome tune for you and e mail it to you

once you get the e mail tune you will have to download a program called

SCT3\LIVEWIRE FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.1.7

then you will use that program to up load the e mail tune from your computer to you stc sf3 device

i compared american muscle and tillman tunes tillman won hands down and tillmans customer service was unbeatable

Downloading a Tune to Your SCT Device at AmericanMuscle.com

here is a link that i used to upload tunes to my sct tuner

·
Registered
432 Posts
What little 6xer said, plus most of the tuners that sell the programmers, will usually include 3 of their tunes in the price of the tuner (usually around $380). You may want to also consider upgrading to a CAI, and the companies usually sell the complete package (CAI, tuner, tunes) for a pretty good price ($500-$600).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts