Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All...

I just want to torture myself some more until "Kate" arrives in April or May. If anyone gets a second and wants to post pics of their Tungsten 06's with fan blade 18's that would be great. I've ordered mine spoiler delete in prep for the CDC ducktail. Interior pics would be great as well with the red leather upgrade if anyone has any. Like I said, I might as well torture myself with what everything looks like until my baby comes in.

On order - fully loaded 06 GT Premium, 5 speed man, red leather upgrade with everything but the Mach 1000. Spoiler delete for the CDC ducktail... quarter window louvers... ONCE it's delivered - black painted Le Mans stripes tip to tip and Eibach pro's. I realize all those are "visual" mods at this point but, for me, they all just seem to work on the new body style. I'm leaving everything else alone until I have fun with it in stock form for a bit.

Thanks in advance... torture away...
Snack

·
Registered
29 Posts
Snackmaster said:
Hey All...

I just want to torture myself some more until "Kate" arrives in April or May. If anyone gets a second and wants to post pics of their Tungsten 06's with fan blade 18's that would be great. I've ordered mine spoiler delete in prep for the CDC ducktail. Interior pics would be great as well with the red leather upgrade if anyone has any. Like I said, I might as well torture myself with what everything looks like until my baby comes in.

On order - fully loaded 06 GT Premium, 5 speed man, red leather upgrade with everything but the Mach 1000. Spoiler delete for the CDC ducktail... quarter window louvers... ONCE it's delivered - black painted Le Mans stripes tip to tip and Eibach pro's. I realize all those are "visual" mods at this point but, for me, they all just seem to work on the new body style. I'm leaving everything else alone until I have fun with it in stock form for a bit.

Thanks in advance... torture away...
Snack
Love my Tungsten with Red/Fan Blades. You'll like yours too.

Sorry Found you wanted interior also. Not a great pic but...

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Surprisingly not a very common combination. I could not find a Tungsten with red interior and stick shift anywhere in texas. Ordered just like you - took exactly 60 days.

I can't help you on the fanblades. Have you definately settled on the black stripe ? what width ?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I oredered it in Vert version

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Check my gallery, I don't have the red interior but it's tungsten with fanblades :eyebulge:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
My wife put in a order for a 06 pony package car...we looked everywhere on the net for a Tungsten with red int but no luck....would you beleive Ford doesnt offer it !!!! why?????????? I couldnt beleive it. one of Fords better ideas....... we went with the light charcol since I have the dark charcol in mine. build week of 2/6 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
steve999_1 said:
Surprisingly not a very common combination. I could not find a Tungsten with red interior and stick shift anywhere in texas. Ordered just like you - took exactly 60 days.

I can't help you on the fanblades. Have you definately settled on the black stripe ? what width ?
Well, I thought I wanted black but the stripes in your pic look awesome. What color is that and what dimensions?

Thanks EVERYONE for sharing... you've all added more fuel to the obsessive fire. I will effectively be useless at work today.

Snack
:eyepoppin

·
Registered
103 Posts
Snackmaster said:
Well, I thought I wanted black but the stripes in your pic look awesome. What color is that and what dimensions?

Thanks EVERYONE for sharing... you've all added more fuel to the obsessive fire. I will effectively be useless at work today.

Snack
:eyepoppin
they are quick silver which is a ford colour, 13" wide with 2" gap, takes it out to the centre of the lights. attached is a GT40 ltd edition in same combo.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steve999_1 said:
they are quick silver which is a ford colour, 13" wide with 2" gap, takes it out to the centre of the lights. attached is a GT40 ltd edition in same combo.
Are they tapered at all or the same width all througout? I might have to change my mind on black as the silver looks pretty darn sharp.

Thanks again for the scoop.

Snack.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Snackmaster said:
Are they tapered at all or the same width all througout? I might have to change my mind on black as the silver looks pretty darn sharp.

Thanks again for the scoop.

Snack.
...they are the same width all round.

·
Registered
196 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT said:
I oredered it in Vert version
Great looking ride. I think a CDC light bar would look killer on that beauty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sandyman said:
I agree on the light bar. I always wanted one on my 96 but never got one. If I keep the 96 after getting the 06 I might just do that.

I think they light bars look especially good on the 05-06's.

Steve999_1 - thanks fo the specs. Now I'm going to shop around for paint pricing. I also just ordered the MAC axle backs... maybe I can slap some wheels on those until my pony is born. man this is tough.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Snackmaster Now I'm going to shop around for paint pricing. [/QUOTE said:
for info I paid $1195 plus tax @ 6.25% at the time when I bought the car. Not cheap but the stripes go all the way round the car so there's a bit of work there - I left the car into the garage for a whole week - fair enough I didn't want them to rush it and they gave me a free Enterprise loaner. The dealer said it was the first time they have sprayed a metallic stripe, and if he'd known it was going to be so difficult (he did not expand on this) he would have charged me more ! Anyway they were so impressed with how it looked they sprayed a 10" quicksilver stripe on a stock GT, put it in the show room and it sold within 3 days !

A friend paid $1100 for an all-round 10" black stripe on a yellow GT at the same dealer. There was a thread a few months ago on stripe costs, I can remember which forum but from memory the prices ranged from $800 up to $2000 the latter including the stripes along the lower door panels. I know we all look for a good deal, but you need to very confident in your body shop

Wth respect to width, I would either keep it to 10" or less, or go straight to 13" like mine. Anything in between like 12" can look a bit odd at the front as it does not line up with the lights. A 13" black stripe may be a bit too heavy though. Decisions eh ? I'm in Egypt for the next couple of weeks so may be offline for a while, meanwhile my beauty is sitting quietly at home - talking about the wife of course. I have better photos if you would like some, if I can get enough speed here to upload them.

you know I wondered how a dark red strip would look on a tungsten. my colleagues threatened not to speak to me again :sterb: ouch.
steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
steve999_1 said:
Snackmaster Now I'm going to shop around for paint pricing. [/QUOTE said:
for info I paid $1195 plus tax @ 6.25% at the time when I bought the car. Not cheap but the stripes go all the way round the car so there's a bit of work there - I left the car into the garage for a whole week - fair enough I didn't want them to rush it and they gave me a free Enterprise loaner. The dealer said it was the first time they have sprayed a metallic stripe, and if he'd known it was going to be so difficult (he did not expand on this) he would have charged me more ! Anyway they were so impressed with how it looked they sprayed a 10" quicksilver stripe on a stock GT, put it in the show room and it sold within 3 days !

A friend paid $1100 for an all-round 10" black stripe on a yellow GT at the same dealer. There was a thread a few months ago on stripe costs, I can remember which forum but from memory the prices ranged from $800 up to $2000 the latter including the stripes along the lower door panels. I know we all look for a good deal, but you need to very confident in your body shop

Wth respect to width, I would either keep it to 10" or less, or go straight to 13" like mine. Anything in between like 12" can look a bit odd at the front as it does not line up with the lights. A 13" black stripe may be a bit too heavy though. Decisions eh ? I'm in Egypt for the next couple of weeks so may be offline for a while, meanwhile my beauty is sitting quietly at home - talking about the wife of course. I have better photos if you would like some, if I can get enough speed here to upload them.

you know I wondered how a dark red strip would look on a tungsten. my colleagues threatened not to speak to me again :sterb: ouch.
steve
I think I could get away with a 13 inch width with a lighter, smokier balck perhaps. I don't mind the thickness as it kind of reminds me of the single, centered stripe that's on the CDC Mustang in the pic of their ducktail spoilers.

I've got some time to figure it out, though, so I can ponder it for a while.

Be careful when you're abroad and I'll pick your brain later.

Snack

·
Registered
139 Posts
sandyman said:
Thanks for the Compliment, the light bar is on my wish list. I just ordered new springs and panhard from BMR so that will be my first big mod. Will post pics when done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
cool ride steve999

Great choice, i was going with charcoal stripes but may change my mind as the quick silver looks fantastic!, i have a few weeks before the decision needs to be made.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ratster said:
Great choice, i was going with charcoal stripes but may change my mind as the quick silver looks fantastic!, i have a few weeks before the decision needs to be made.
Thanks Ratster, here's another pic if you haven't made up your mind yet ! I have not seen a black stripe on tungsten in real. A metallic antracite would look good too IMO.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
steve999_1 said:
Thanks Ratster, here's another pic if you haven't made up your mind yet ! I have not seen a black stripe on tungsten in real. A metallic antracite would look good too IMO.
Thanks for the new desktop pic :winks

Guys - My wife still has her heart set on black even though she agrees the Quick Silver is beautiful. My initial thought on the black I wanted is kind of a smoky black or grayish black... something subtle that still shows up. I don't think it would be too much of a contrast against the Tungsten. I won't lose sleep over it even though all these decisions are killing me. I guess in the grand scheme of things this is not a bad problem to have.
We just clicked one day close to the arrival of "Kate"... and again I'll add... this is killing me to wait.

Snack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.