Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got an 06 tungsten mustang and I cant decide if I want stripes or not. Does anyone have a picture of a tungsten with black stripes??

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Search the AFM picture gallery, I know I have seen several tungsten Stangs with black stripes.
Hi, look on the forums, i think it will look great ( i have seen a few like it.) I do think it would look better black with the tungsnen but you have to work with what you have (just kidding):gringreen

G

·
Hey I just got an 06 tungsten mustang and I cant decide if I want stripes or not. Does anyone have a picture of a tungsten with black stripes??

I have one or two in my gallery - just click on my user name and you can view them. I have Tungsten with black gloss stripes. My stripes are 13" wide with a 2" gap. It puts the edge of the stripe in line with the center of the fog lights. You might also consider Quicksilver as a stripe color. I debated on it for a while but went with black. Whatever you do I would save and make sure they're painted. Vinyl is fine but paint will pass the test of time.

Cheers,

Snack

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
A guy in my neighborhood has Tungsten with black stripes. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
G

·
I've got an 06 Tungsten with 10" vinyl matte black stripes. I recently had the vinyl painted which gave everything a cleaner more even look, and fixed several minor imperfections as well. I also won't have to worry about them fading as much either. Anyways, I've got several pictures in my gallery, check 'em out.

I would definitely get the stripes if I were you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, I was considering the silver stripes but I already have a black lower side stripe...came with it. But thanks for all the pictures

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it would look really good. At first I was thinking tungsten was the alloy color (the metal flake black one) and was trying to picture black on it.

The only thing I would think you should consider is that, if it is possible, to get a considerably darker grey. Could look pretty sick as long as there is enough contrast.

I'm still tempted to lose the white stripes and replace them with matte black which should put up a lot of contrast with the very glossy factory black.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Now there is an interesting idea. I'd love to see how that would look. Got any pics of a similar setup?
I didn't, but I did a quick search and "The Bomb" has matte black on black paint: THE BOMB Gallery Pictures - THE BOMB Gallery Photos - Mustang Picture Gallery - AllFordMustangs.com

I'm sure a camera can't actually capture it though. There isn't much contrast in color, but the gloss/matte contrast seems like it would stand out a lot in real life or in motion. I just don't know if I'd be willing to lose the huge black/white contrast I have right now, since the stripes really pull the look together in my opinion.

Oh and I also found this:
The new KITT - OFFICIAL PHOTOS - Autoblog

·
Registered
698 Posts
Originally I was going to do light gray but the interior is black and the top is black so black just made sense plus when I asked the guys at work they all said black.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
G

·
I didn't, but I did a quick search and "The Bomb" has matte black on black paint: THE BOMB Gallery Pictures - THE BOMB Gallery Photos - Mustang Picture Gallery - AllFordMustangs.com

I'm sure a camera can't actually capture it though. There isn't much contrast in color, but the gloss/matte contrast seems like it would stand out a lot in real life or in motion. I just don't know if I'd be willing to lose the huge black/white contrast I have right now, since the stripes really pull the look together in my opinion.
Man, that matte black on black looks pretty good. I like it. The matte almost gives it a dark greyish/silvery look in contrast, likely because of how the light hits it. But I think that is pretty tough. And you're right, it probably looks even better in person.

·
Registered
139 Posts
a little different

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
how about a little bigger ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
i don't have tungsten but have a mineral grey (close enough) I'll send some pics next week after I get my car back. I'm having black stripes painted on. A pattern I haven't seen very often.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.