Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my turbo, oil lines, hotside pipes, wastegate, downpipe, etc... ordered today. only things left are the bov, intercooler, and piping. I really wish i could have made my own hotside pipes, but its just not possible since i drive this car daily...
and yes, it is a cheaper kit, made by Godspeed Project but they offer a 1 year warranty on their products(if installed by ASE certified mechanic)!!!! Lucky me, I just happen to be ASE certified...ill be the guinne pig and test these kits out. they have been around for a couple years, but i just dont see any domestic cars with their kits. ill let you guys know how the fitment, quality, and longevity is. worst comes to worst ill just buy another turbo, wastegate, and bov and use the rest from the kit.

Turbo specs:
Intake: 3 inch
Inlet: 2 inch
Compressor trim: .60ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 58.40 /68.00
Turbine Wheel diameter: 64.20/73.20
Exhaust Trim: .69ar
Turbine flange type:T4 flange
Down pipe flange type: 4 bolt

here are some pics from ebay of the kit

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/coldheart8790/foxbody/asdfasdfasdf.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/coldheart8790/foxbody/dfghdfghfdgh.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/coldheart8790/foxbody/jkljkl.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/coldheart8790/foxbody/nmnmmn.jpg

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Looks nice...I myself am going with an on3 performance Kit...Cant wait to see it finished..Let us know how it is when its down...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks good, what's the rest of the set up going to be? what are you using to tune it?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice...I myself am going with an on3 performance Kit...Cant wait to see it finished..Let us know how it is when its down...:bigthumbsup
should be starting on it in about a month. ill be sure to post my reviews. and good luck with your build!!

Looks good, what's the rest of the set up going to be? what are you using to tune it?
ive just got whats in my sig plus some 42 injectors, bigger fuel pump, 90mm maf, 75mm tb, intercooler(ebay?), and some piping. ill be driving it to dallas mustangs to have it tuned at 12 psi

i noticed the guinea spellcheck....sneaky, but not sneaky enough:winks

for an ebay kit, it looks nice..i was expecting some surface rust or something
haha. u got me. i couldnt remember how to spell it for the life of me. lol.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what do you guys think? bar and plate intercooler or tube and fin? im only pushing 10-12 psi.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
how good are they? i was sold on the HP t4 kit, but heard negative things about the company.

I hear good and bad..LOL...but isnt that the way everyone has an opinion...Im going to give it a try and see whats happens..LOL..I do see alot of guys running the on3 kit and having awesome results....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear good and bad..LOL...but isnt that the way everyone has an opinion...Im going to give it a try and see whats happens..LOL..I do see alot of guys running the on3 kit and having awesome results....:bigthumbsup
ive only heard good things! other than their manifolds cracking in the earlier design. i believe they have that resolved now tho.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the turbo kit in. the quality is great! the flanges on the hot pipes are very thick and the welds are very nice.(smoothed out on the inside) all the oil lines, vacuum lines, bolts, gaskets, etc were there. nothing was damaged. the wategate came with 8, 11, 16 psi springs. only complaint is the turbo has slight play....but i guess ill upgrade that later or wait till it starts fuggin up. cuz ill have the one year warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone else notice this? "Only" 10-12psi is enough to destroy anything stock on that car. I recommend you start at 6 and go from there.

do you homework, its enough boost to put me around the 450hp mark. 500hp is were things get shaky...my car aint stock....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
do you homework, its enough boost to put me around the 450hp mark. 500hp is were things get shaky...my car aint stock....

Check for alignment on the bolt holes for the exhaust, I bought a similar kit and had to do alot of elongating on the bolt holes, and I'm not sure if this is only for the trick flow heads but they have a small ridge on the top of the exhaust that on regular headers doesn't affect anything but with the design of the flange of those headers needs to be ground down. Once again doesn't really apply to you with stock heads but the trick flows def had that prob for future reference. Any ways here are some pics of certain things I had to do. Keep us posted and good luck on your build bro.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check for alignment on the bolt holes for the exhaust, I bought a similar kit and had to do alot of elongating on the bolt holes, and I'm not sure if this is only for the trick flow heads but they have a small ridge on the top of the exhaust that on regular headers doesn't affect anything but with the design of the flange of those headers needs to be ground down. Once again doesn't really apply to you with stock heads but the trick flows def had that prob for future reference. Any ways here are some pics of certain things I had to do. Keep us posted and good luck on your build bro.
thanks for the heads up man. I'll be sure to watch out for that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I told you so. Oh wait, that was supposed to wait until after you try 12psi on a stock bottom end. Don't worry, I'll say it again.

This thread was started to assist others in their eBay turbo kit search. we are all here for a common passion. If I was truely concerened about blowing my engine I would drop the boost. If it blows, oh well... 5.0's are a dime a dozen

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
aww now, you two kiss and make up! :handkiss

i am really interested in seeing how this turns out. let me know how the install goes and how the fitment is. how much was the kit again?

·
Registered
871 Posts
come on kids play nice...I think for some reason WE (as in mustang owners) already know what will make our engines blow but for some reason we keep on trying them :kooky:. Its all good tho, we just having fun. Some of us just to to see what happens. I'll be running 8-12 psis on stock bottom end with the twin kit that I got.
On a separe note...anybody know where I can buy some motivation? man I been laggin it with the convertible.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.