Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just buy a 90 gt auto it have 180000 miles and i want to instal small turo from on 3 the problem is my mustang cant suport a turbo whit everiting stock ?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
kin u pocibei reeibild u mowtar wif forsed entirnalz 2 handaal cupreme pouwar of de hers?? u myghte whant 2 maycke shuwr u kin has big CHA CHING en ur banck akount

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
You must do extensive research on what your motor, transmission and rear end can handle before you spend money on a turbo. If turbo charging is what you want, I personally would recommend you start with supporting mods to handle the horsepower. Have you considered supercharging?

·
Registered
978 Posts
the stock engine will support the turbo If you have the tune right and right fuel system in place to do it. As far as internal parts.
That is high mileage but if it is not using oil and smoking a lot you should be ok. The right thing to do would be to run a leak down test on the engine and see what you have.
Turbos don't require anything more extravagant then any other engine as far as internal parts as long as HP is kept within reason just like other engines. All performance engines could use fuel upgrades.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I would make sure your car is mechanically sound but further more it seems like more reading and knowledge would be beneficial.

Timmy not nice but funny as shizzzzz.:gringreen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts