Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to start off I know its better to supercharge it but I have a chance to get a turbo for I hope relatively cheap. It's from another car and I was wondering if i could possibly take it from the donor car and put it into mine. I'm pretty sure that if it were possible I would have to figure out the piping and what not but I'm just wondering if I could take it out of the other, put it in mine, and have it work? the donor is a Saab 9-3 Areo and mine is 3.8L V6.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
No, it's better to turbocharge. These motors respond well to turbocharging.

As for that turbo, it should be small to not need a forged bottom end, but unless you can weld good, you're gonna spend a couple grand on piping, never mind other supporting mods needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So not a good project to do myself until I get more experience. If I ever do decide to do this what supporting mods would I need to get/install?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Fuel system upgrades, PCM tuning just to name a quick 2 that are not cheap.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No, it's better to turbocharge. These motors respond well to turbocharging.

As for that turbo, it should be small to not need a forged bottom end, but unless you can weld good, you're gonna spend a couple grand on piping, never mind other supporting mods needed.
+1 for "unless you can weld"

If you can weld, a hotside(turbo exhaust) can be stuck together for mere dollars.

CXRacing sells a lot of boost-related items for what appear to be good prices. I haven't made a purchase through them yet, so I cannot comment on customer service, quality of goods, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts