Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a a 2v 351 cleveland im planning on making a 408 stroker out of it. I have been thinking of ether turbo ing it or blowing it. I have the chance to pick up a t4 turbo, and blow off valve from a friend for pretty cheep, i'd only need the tubeing and intercooler. should i go for it?

thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would really need a 8.5-1 compression to run boost on that motor I would run the numbers and see cause the words 408 and doing anything cheap dont really go together

·
Registered
440 Posts
next question: Is the turbo used? or is it new?
Next Question: Is the turbo a journal bearing or a Ball bearing turbo? (Journal bearing SUCKS)
Next Question: What else are you getting with it?
What kinda manifold?

and imo Id go all motor...it's an old school engine...keep it old school tuning.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
A t4 turbo is small better on a 4 banger or maybe a 6 i wouldn't use it on a v8.If your going to use it i would rebuild it and get a 2nd one or get a bigger turbo for it.The down side to a turbo is it robs you of a good exhaust tone and its hard to do with a carb and your stuck making all the parts for it.A blower you can get as a kit and have it running in a day if your quick.

·
Registered
440 Posts
that and if its not done right...you might Loose low end power due to the fact that now you have a blockage aka the turbine wheel until it spools up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts