Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys recommend for a 96 V6 a tma turbo system or a supercharger? What would be the best way to build up my engine to handle the PSI of a turbo or supercharger? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
What would you guys recommend for a 96 V6 a tma turbo system or a supercharger? What would be the best way to build up my engine to handle the PSI of a turbo or supercharger? :confused:
I'd go with a supercharger ANY DAY. You'll get a lot of arguements, but the SC unit is cleaner, more reliable, and is easier on the drivetrain, since there's no shock to the boost.

They're generally cheaper, too.

01+ blocks are pretty d***ed sturdy for a centrifugal unit with an intercooler.

ideally, you'd want a forged rotating assembly, and a port/polish job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kscoyote said:
I'd go with a supercharger ANY DAY. You'll get a lot of arguements, but the SC unit is cleaner, more reliable, and is easier on the drivetrain, since there's no shock to the boost.

They're generally cheaper, too.

01+ blocks are pretty d***ed sturdy for a centrifugal unit with an intercooler.

ideally, you'd want a forged rotating assembly, and a port/polish job.
So with the port /polish and the forged rotating assembely it can handle the boost of a SC? What about a stroker kit, what SC is the best?:smoke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
So with the port /polish and the forged rotating assembely it can handle the boost of a SC? What about a stroker kit, what SC is the best?:smoke:
It can handle a centrifugal SC unit just fine with NO changes.

With a Stroker Kit, you'd want an eaton Roots type. People keep arguing with me, Justin for days, then he finally figured it out through trial and error. You can't rev as fast to get in the boost, and you can't increase the RPMs with head upgrades to make power.

But then, you'd definitely need a forged crank, and rotating assembly with a SC stroker. .
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top