Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im planning on getting a mustang and making it into a drift car im planning on using a v6 and either turboing it twin turbos or supercharge whats best for price and power as well as reliability for
drifting and normal driving also easier install thanks for any input

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would vote a supercharger. Turbos have a little lag which may not be ideal for drifting. The instant torque and power given from a supercharger may be better suited for what your wanting to do.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i would get a V8, torque is what you want for drifting. a screw-type blower will provide more low end torque with a flat curve, the power is more predictable than a turbo with lag so you wont just spin out into a wall when boost kicks in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i would go with turbo a good one like Garret if your not convinced check the vids ask more Q: do more research the garret has a 16 psi 600+ hp thats the maxed out tune hear the link he specializes in v6 mustang i am going to get one next year with my income tax money
TMA TURBO

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
i would go with turbo a good one like Garret if your not convinced check the vids ask more Q: do more research the garret has a 16 psi 600+ hp thats the maxed out tune hear the link he specializes in v6 mustang i am going to get one next year with my income tax money
TMA TURBO
Andy is no longer in business.....

We are thinking about building them, but it won't be anytime soon.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
WTFudge! WHY! man what a let down......i had it set in stone i was going to buy one has trannys lined up to look, at engine components wtheck shiner where do i go from here ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks i think ill go with a supercharger then what are some good ones bang for the buck type thing i dont have alot of money

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
You could purchase a used one for that. You need to look around the forums. On top of that, fuel pump, injectors, and a dynotune are a must. That's another $1k. Then you really need to upgrade your rear end and make sure your transmission is okay.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh ok i plan on a LSD and does it need new gears then too what kind of injectors would i need and would i need a better fuel pump or just a new one

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
$2500 is hardly enough to do this right. You need a bigger budget to get it done for your car to last once it is installed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Im not too sure about the injectors that you would need, but the supercharger i recently bought included new 36lb injectors. Look around for good deals, I lucked out and bought a new 255 lph svt fuel pump for 150. Also, rather than putting LSD in your rear, I'd recommend going for an 8.8 rear if your going with forced induction! It's not cheap, I got blind sided by a few things that i didnt take into account, so ask as many questions before you get the set up!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
$2500 is hardly enough to do this right. You need a bigger budget to get it done for your car to last once it is installed.
$2.500 is about the going rate for a used kit. That's why I said at least another $1k for engine/fuel upgrades before a dyno and drivetrain.

It's not cheap to go fast.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.