Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbocharger help for my 2005 Mustang GT!

827 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  stlwagon 
#1 ·
Hey guys so Im really considering getting a turbo for my stang i think its about time i go out of the N/A world, But i just wanted some opinions on what you guys think is the best turbo kit for my stang, I would go s/c but turbo's are generally cheaper, and since my car is a daily driver i don't need a monster Supercharger with even worse gas mileage :p so if you can help me out and let me know which kits produce the most power for the best deal. Let me know guys thanks in advance

#5 ·
Thanks guys will do by any chance do you guys know how much their turbos go for?

#6 ·
If you do a search on youtube for turbo 2005 Mustang GT you can see lots of cars, kits outcomes etc...should help as many have tuners and kits listed.

#8 ·
I would so love to do a turbo car someday!.. They just look fun! Don't discount superchargers completely though. There are a few out there that can be had for under 4K (like the Brenspeed/Vortech setup) that you can install yourself if you're handy with the wrenches and the plumbing is MUCH less complicated.

Gas mileage I wouldn't concern myself with - You're gonna be in the boost so much it won't matter with either system!!:kooky:... Even if you try and fool yourself into thinking you're somehow different then all of us who have gone the way of FI and that you'll keep your foot out of it... No - you won't, getting into the boost is an impossilble urge to fight... Consider yourself warned!! :evillol:

But,... I will say that with my E-Force if I DO manage to keep my foot out of it then the gas mileage is relatively unchanged from naturally aspirated (like when the cruise is set on the Interstate).

Good luck with whateve you choose! I'll be looking forward to following your buildup. I've also heard that the Hellion kits are pretty good turbo kits too.:bigthumbsup That's probably the way I would go if I were going to do a turbo.

-HD

#9 ·
Hmm sorry for the slight Mia from the forum's works been killer but thanks alot for all the help! Thanks hammerdown for the advice haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.