Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could we get rid of that reply bar at the top? There's already a reply button after the last post, as well as the quick reply frame with its own "quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons. Why have yet another button? (Besides, let's be honest- people should have to scroll past other replies in a conversation before saying something that might have already been said.)

This extra reply button is not just unnecessary; it's actually getting in the way. When a thread is first opened, the bar can be seen above the first post. But as I scroll down, the bar "floats" at the top of my screen, reducing how much screen area is available for reading. Not only that, but it messes with one of my favorite features of the forum: the "go to first new post" feature that lets me jump back into a thread right at the point where I left off on my last visit. All I have to do is click that little chevron icon next to the thread title to skip past posts that I've already read. But when I do that, the first lines of the first unread post are blocked by that bar. Despite taking me directly to the first unread post, it makes me have to scroll up a little to start reading it (see attached screenshots where the bar obscures the entire first paragraph of Grimbrand's post until I scroll up to reveal it).

I see that the reply bar also has a link for Tweeting, and to be fair I don't see any other options for Tweeting a thread. But is that a feature that anybody actually uses? I don't, and I would gladly sacrifice that option just to get this annoying bar out of my way.

Is there anything I can do on my end that I'm overlooking? I can't find a setting anywhere in my user control panel to turn the bar off. I think it has to be switched off behind-the-scenes, by whomever has access to that sort of thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
LOL just ignore it, I never even noticed it or was bothered by it in any way.
BTW if this is the biggest problem you face you have nothing to worry about. :)

·
Administrator
758 Posts
Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is a feature of the skin and won't be removed. You could try switching to the classic skin (Drop down menu at the bottom left of your screen) this feature isn't in use on that skin.

Niall

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just want to say thanks. I mean that sarcastically. I have never ever noticed that reply bar before, ever, not once. Now I can't stop looking at it. It's highly annoying now.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skin switched. (Oof, that's bright! I don't know which is worse... I might have to switch it back. Tough choice.)

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I found a way around the classic theme's brightness, but it's a little clunky.

There are both light and dark versions of the "Full" theme with that annoying reply bar, but since Classic is currently only available with light mode, I downloaded a browser extension to turn things down a notch. It's not perfect, as it seems to have a tendency to conflict with certain icons and stuff. But at least it makes these posts a lot easier on the eyes. I've set it up to use almost the exact same text & background colors as the forum's "Full Dark" theme.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts