Ford Mustang Forum banner

turning off rear o2 sensors?

20K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  G.O. Stang 
#1 ·
Does turning off the rear o2 sensors give you any power gains or anything? i might be reading into other post wrong but I see people asking about turning the rear sensors off I wasnt sure if it did anything performance wise or anything.

#2 ·
No it doesn't do anything performance wise. It's there to get the CEL to go off if it comes in for a cat. converter issue. The race tune from Bama turns them off for this reason. If you were to gut your converters, it's useful. But it is not an emissions friendly thing.

#3 ·
It sounds like G.O. Stang already got you sqaured away, but just wanted to chime in.

Turning off the rear o2s is done for a couple reasons, because you have no cats or your aftermarket cats flow enough to trip the CEL. We turn them off in our Race tunes by default but you can request to turn them off in our Street and Performance tunes. It doesn't get you horsepower but it will turn off the annoying CEL.

I hope this help! Feel free to PM me directly if you have any questions in the future!

#4 ·
Is there anything bad about still having the rear o2 sensors on though, besides the annoying CEL being on? I've heard stuff about something called a loop and I dont really know what it means..

#5 ·
Nope. Its just a sensor. Nothing more. Trips the CEL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.