Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall i wax my car with turtle wax ice and it works pretty well but it makes these wierd smudgy marks on the paint when i remove the wax and the sudges general go away after a few days it never did it on my old mustang so i dunno if it is the color or something about the 2005+ paint or if it is just the wax. i attached some pictures so yall can see what i am talkin about

has anyone else had this issues? and does anyone have any ideas what is causing or what i can do to prevent it?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
I have never seen that before. How long do you leave that on before you are wiping it off. If I recall right someone else on this site had a similar problem with I believe Turtle wax.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Not sure about that but i do have issues with it somehow getting on my windshield.I am assuming it happens during the rain when it is blown back on the windshield.it is always blurry

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Did you use the liquid or paste? :coffee

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw it just is just visible when is gets dark you cant really see it during the day but it goes away after a few days but it is bluring everytime i wax my car

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i used the paste and the liquid polish. the paste is hands down better than the liquid. However ill stay with maguiers gold wax.

and yes i have gottern thos smugges. with a new cloth theyll come out but watch some times if you press too hard it will leave streaks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used the liquid and i use to use mothers but i was just trying something new and it is good stuff i just have to deal with that for a few days

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've always used turtle wax , that looks like it was on there for too long
make sure to wax one surfAce at a time take your time and dont let it get dry completely

·
Registered
971 Posts
It seems that it is more easily visible on darker cars......I have a maroon F-150 I recently waxed and had the same kind of smudging/hazing but I was using Eagle 1 Nanowax. I think it was due to the wax either being still a little wet or my buffing cloth was getting loaded up or a little of both.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My car does that too! I told my dad one day and I think he thought I was crazy because he couldn't see it but it drove me crazy! I had bought that turtle wax "black box" kit that is the entire kit only for black cars but that's exactly what it did to my car! Now I am using meguairs (<- Spelled that wrong im sure) and it is working great.

·
Registered
356 Posts
hey yall i wax my car with turtle wax ice and it works pretty well but it makes these wierd smudgy marks on the paint when i remove the wax and the sudges general go away after a few days it never did it on my old mustang so i dunno if it is the color or something about the 2005+ paint or if it is just the wax. i attached some pictures so yall can see what i am talkin about

has anyone else had this issues? and does anyone have any ideas what is causing or what i can do to prevent it?

thanks
Best way to clear that up is to wash it with dish soap and then use Meguiars NXT with a microfiber cloth. :yup:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not 100% sure but i may know what caused this. Regardless of what the directions say you need to wipe a total of 3 times with 3 completly seperate cloths... errr 2 cloths 1 applicator.

Only work in sections. My sections are each side, Hood+Roof, and Bumpers+Trunk.

After you put it on use the microfiber cloth(99% sure needs to be a microfiber one, never used anything else) and then after you Wipe it off the first time, use a seperate cloth to wipe/polish it fully with 2nd cloth.

It seems like your not getting it all off your car and smearing it around.

Personally. I agree with post above. Use some dish soap and start from scratch next time.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks like what happened to me also when I used my Rain-X rag to apply the Ice quick detailer. I got cross contamination. There were smear marks all over the body. I shampooed the car and repolished with unused microfiber towel and everything was fine again.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It might happen because the car is to hot besure to wax out of the sun and surface of the car is not to warm. It could be that the wax under yours is not bonding well. What i would do is strip the wax ( Wash with Dawn) clay bar may want to look for swirls first and get rid of them then rewax.

M

·
0 Posts
I had this problem with their "detailer" after they changed the formula... Also like MrH08 said, you have to rotate cloths frequently. When I polish or detail the car - the minimum amount of micros I use is somewhere between 5 and 10 depending on the job.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts

thanks
I used TW Ice on my Focus SVT and I had the same results. My Focus SVT was black. Someone had mentioned to me that I may have applied to thick of a coat of Ice and/or did not get it all off when wiping it off. Hence why ihave said in previous threads, I have used TW Ice but was not 100% thrilled aobut the results.

Due to that very issue is the very reason I have yet to use TW Ice on my Mustang. So far, I stick with Zaino for that car.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I think I was having a similar issue with ICE. I noticed more than ever this product requires you to turn the towel much more often. You get deceived into not doing that because there is very low residue. But fresh cloth is necessary to completely wipe your paint clean of any wax/polish. If you don't you just smear the wax over other areas of your car.

I always follow up about an hour later with a light spray of ICE detailer. That gets the paint completely clean and makes it shine the best. I learned this trick in talking with Zaino. Regardless of the wax you use, finish with a detail spray.

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
My neighbor use that ice and swears by it. Never has had any trouble with it.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
The turtle wax clear is supposed to be impervious to the heat, I use it with great results in the FL sun...hope your clearcoat isn't failing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.