Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used this stuff the other day and at first I thought it worked good. Then a couple days later I bumped my car and it streaked so I wiped it and it streaked in another spot so I wiped the whole car down twice. My car is black so mabey this has something to do with it but it wasnt worth $17.99 to wipe my car down 4 times for a ok shine that streaked. Bumped it again the other day more streak reminds me of tire shine spray or somthing. I e-mailed turtle wax about a month ago and they never even responed. Anybody else had that problem with it? Sounds like most people love the stuff.

G

·
I emailed turtle wax about a problem I had with their ICE instant detailer and I vaguely remember calling them. Clearly I received no conclusion - as I have since switched products.

I do love their polish and layer it on before I wax my car.... I can say I do not have a problem with their polish....

I am wondering if maybe less is more - do you think you may have put too much on to leave streaking? :headscratch: I am not doubting you, I am only trying to help you figure out what could have gone wrong - besides a faulty product... which I did have!! :hihi:

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've heard darker cars tend to show streaks like that and what I heard was to cut down the amount used.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've used turtlewax ice before and I didn't care for it. It does sound a bit like you might have used too much but I don't know. I never had this particular problem I just got tired of paying $18 for a decent product when there's much better stuff for just a little bit more.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Maybe because your care is black it showed up more. I have used the Twax paste and didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have been using Ice detailer on my Vista Blue for since I got it in '07. Always comes out beautiful. My Dad uses it on his Alloy and we both use it on out other cars..both dark colors.

Maybe you got somethig greasy on your car?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the synthetic liquid polish. It says on the bottle to let the product dry to a haze [ about 3-5 minutes ] that was where my first problem came from it never dried to a haze. It also says to spread a thin even coat over the entire car this I did. Theres next to nothing gone from my bottle so I dont think I used to much, and I used to detail cars so I know sometimes less can be better till you know how a new product is going to turn out. It also says to wash and dry your car before so I did this too. I'am just a little stumped should I go back to my dewalt buffer and hand wax its so time consuming and its a pain in the you know what.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Sounds like it is time to switch products. I have never been a big fan of there products. There are plenty of other waxes out there. If you e-mail then and you get no response that tells me they do not care. They got your money already. It should not matter what the color is black to white it should all come off the same. I think that leaving it dry on the car 3 to 5 minutes is way to long. My neighbor uses it and almost wipes it off immediately and he get a shine out of it using what you are.

G

·
I googled the problem and a guy with a Benz had the same problem.... You said you used a polish - wax and polish are two different things (I know you know that... you used to detail cars!!!).... did you layer a wax over that polish for protection?

What type of rags did you use to wipe it off? Maybe they didn't pick up what they should have? Good clean microfibers (plenty of them) and rotating them often...

Other than that - I would say maybe it is time to strip your wax, polish, etc off and start fresh with a new set of products...

I am not a fan of problems :nogrinner - they just aggravate me, so I feel for ya! :gringreen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think I'll just try a new product. The back of the bottle say I can return it for a refund normally I never bother with stuff like that but due to there lack of response to my e-mail I think I will take the time to get my $17.99 back at least.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It could be the base that is the problem most synthetic waxes bond with the paint if there is a coat of nonsynthetic wax under it. It will just lay on top and never dry that is why I like to use all the same product from same company to ensure that they all work together sometimes when you mix and match stuff happens

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.