Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the advice on this forum I bought the stuff to read wideband O2 sensors and a tweecer to adjust computer. I could write a book about getting my bung holes welded in. I went to a local shop and they welded them in, but screwed the plugs in while the bungs were hot.

I went through real misery trying to get the plugs out so I could install the O2 sensors. Finally bought new bungs, drilled the plugged ones out, and welded the things in myself. I waited until they cooled before SNUGGING the plugs in, I did not use an air driver like the local shop did. Now I can get the plugs out without breaking wrenches.

Here's the best part. With 30 lb injectors and the right disc in my fuel regulator, my car runs about 14.2-14.7 A/F at light throttle. With boost of 6-7 pounds it stays around 13 A/F ratio with no custom tune. I just used a Summit MAF metering unit calibrated with 30 lb injectors and a really small disc in the Vortech FMU.

I'm very pleased I was able, in just a few minutes time, to get nearly perfect A/F ratio across a wide range of conditions. Lugging at low RPM gets A/F around 12 or so, and when I get totally and suddenly off the throttle at high RPM A/F goes up to 17, but under any normal condition it stays around 13 with WOT and 14.4 cruising.

No $1000 tune needed, and I did not have to reprogram the EEC IV at all (although I might change the idle speed a little higher and lean it back a bit at 2000 RPM cruse for better fuel economy).

Dragstrip rained out today but I am at traction limit of street tires all the way through third gear, so it feels pretty peppy!

Tom

R

·
0 Posts
You da man.....:bigthumbsup

Happy to hear about your great results on the install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.