Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am in the process of taking the engine out of my 1991 mustang gt. I have already bought most of the parts to put on the engine, i have gt40p heads, trick flow upper and lower intake, and a 80mm throttle body. I am sending the bottom end out to get rebuilt, and i was planning on doing a 331 stroker. I am also looking to do a single turbo or twin turbo setup. I found a kit on ebay for $1,100, and i wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Heres the link : 302 FORD MUSTANG MATCH II WINDSOR T3 TWIN TURBO KIT 26:eBay Motors (item 230391263049 end time Dec-21-09 15:19:01 PST)
I was wondering what specs i should have the motor built to, as far as compression, and things like that. I also was wondering if i would be able to use the gt40p heads for now. Until i save some more to get afr heads. I also could use some help on what else i would need to complete this. Also, what kind of tuning would i need to have done, and what is the cost of a tune.
Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I would be very leary of an $1100 twin turbo kit with regard to quality of the parts used....

As with most E-junk .......

Buyer beware.......

·
Registered
607 Posts
It looks like one of those cheap ebay turbo kits, if your going to want power and longevity than you're going to have to spend more than that on a turbo set up. try here to get normal prices of turbo kits Turbo-Kits.com - 87-93, 94-95 & 2005+ Ford Mustang Turbo & Twin Turbo Kits . I'm not saying those ebay kits don't work as a friend of mine has an 85 e-30 bmw and he spent $500 on a kit we put in. The thing runs like a bat outta hell, but has major reliability problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
id just do the stroker except id go 347 because the block can only handle 500-600 hp and the turbos are killer on your motor (especially cheap ones) also the cheap turbo kits will most likely blow up and itll b a waste of money. and if your going to do turbo or nitrous or a supercharger you should get an 8.5:1 or an 8.0:1 compression ratio, and its good to have new pistons and heads for these power adders:kooky:

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey bro im looking on buying a single turbo kit off of ebay from this company callled on 3 performance they kits run from 1495 to 1895 look them up.

there also a twin turbo kit on craiglist brand new for 1500 charlotte nc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Well right now im not going to have the money to do the turbo setup. So should i go 347 or 331, and since im not doing the turbo, would higher compression gain power?

·
Registered
607 Posts
without a power adder, go for a higher compression stroker, but make sure it's still good for pump gas if you plan on driving on the street

R

·
0 Posts
If you can't afford a 1100 dollar turbo kit ....

Then to do a stroker motor "correctly" is out out the question...

But yes higher compression on a N/A motor will yield more power

and if your going to do turbo or nitrous or a supercharger you should get an 8.5:1 or an 8.0:1 compression ratio,
:nono::nono::nono:

FI likes lower compression

n2o perfers higher compression....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ebay turbo kit junk. huge fitment problems, turbo headers arent even long enough to mount the turbos. do a google search about them, you'll find lots of threads on many different forums talking about them. look up the treadstone kit. it's a good, affordable kit. complete single turbo kit minus blow-off valve for $2600.

Kit Includes:

62-1 tubonetics turbo
Stainless steel hot parts set
Cross over V-band clamps
35mm Turbonetics Evolution
Treadstone TR25VS Intercooler
Includes adapter pipe for Greddy/Turbonetics/HKS/Tial Blow off valves
Complete Oil kit
3" polished aluminum intake bends
2.5" polished aluminum intercooler bends
T-bolts clamps
Silicone couplings and reducers

Mustang 87-93 Complete Single Turbo Kits - TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

you can get bigger turbos with the kit, just look at the list in the link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.