Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gave my baby it's first bath so thought I'd share a quick photo of my garage full of "Two Ford Freedom" just like in the old Ford commercials. :gringreen

On the left is my Diamond Blue 1961 Thunderbird (I have better photos over on Hemmings if anyone wants to see) and on the right my new Performance White GT. The GT is still wearing the plates from my 2009 V6 aka "Sea Biscuit" as the new plates for the GT haven't arrived yet.

As I know several of my fellow "Who Ordered a 2012 Mustang" thread alumni also have vintage Fords, I thought it might be fun to see what other "Two Ford Freedom" we have going on out there with other members who have a vintage Ford keeping their new Mustang company. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just gave my baby it's first bath so thought I'd share a quick photo of my garage full of "Two Ford Freedom" just like in the old Ford commercials. :gringreen

On the left is my Diamond Blue 1961 Thunderbird (I have better photos over on Hemmings if anyone wants to see) and on the right my new Performance White GT. The GT is still wearing the plates from my 2009 V6 aka "Sea Biscuit" as the new plates for the GT haven't arrived yet.

As I know several of my fellow "Who Ordered a 2012 Mustang" thread alumni also have vintage Fords, I thought it might be fun to see what other "Two Ford Freedom" we have going on out there with other members who have a vintage Ford keeping their new Mustang company. :bigthumbsup
Couple of good lookin cars you got there Scott! I love the rear end of that Thunderbird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
very NICE..will post some pics when I get to pick my new one up also

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I remember those birds when they were new being shipped on trains. That was before everything was shipped in enclosed railcars. You could see birds as far as you could see in both directions in every fantastic color.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Awesome :) One really begins to bond with the car after he/she gives them hand washes. I've given mine 3 already and put on over 1500 miles since I got it 2 weeks ago. Just about hit my 2k miles I wanted to from highway miles before I hit the auto cross track this weekend :kooky:

Love the two whities. Didn't you say you wanted something different than your previous red car? hahah, had to go and get another white one ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
:bigthumbsup to white!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice garage!

Here's a pic of my driveway:

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
I haven't had the '67 running in a few years but this is how she sat after coming home from the bodyshop. Hopefully soon I can take the two to a carshow or maybe the dragstrip, maybe I'll let my dad drive my '11.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nice cars guys! I love the styling of old cars so much better then new ones. If I could get the styling of old cars and the technology of new ones.. I would be a happy man lol.

G

·
0 Posts
Nice cars guys! I love the styling of old cars so much better then new ones. If I could get the styling of old cars and the technology of new ones.. I would be a happy man lol.
That is called a RestoMod and is very popular. My '67 is getting power disc brakes, modern steering and suspension, and modern interior and audio. You can go as far as your bank account will allow!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Beautiful cars guys!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couple of good lookin cars you got there Scott! I love the rear end of that Thunderbird.
Yeah, it looks like a rocket and for a 1961 drives amazingly modern ride-wise aside from the massively overboosted power steering but that was cool back then. They were really building great cars at Wixom back then, the undercarriage and engine bay look like 5 years old, not 50.

And thanks everyone, my garage full of Ford makes for some tense manuevering but I'm gonna try to make it work. Really glad I added the rearview camera to the order for obvious reasons. :gringreen

I remember those birds when they were new being shipped on trains. That was before everything was shipped in enclosed railcars. You could see birds as far as you could see in both directions in every fantastic color.
Awesome. My Dad started working on the railroad in the mid 1960s so he was always coming home telling me about cars he'd seen which used to kill me. I get into such a lather I wanted to go to all the car dealerships at least once a week starting in August (way to early) to see if any new cars were hidden around back. It wasn't long after he started working there though they started hiding them to various degrees.

Awesome :) One really begins to bond with the car after he/she gives them hand washes. I've given mine 3 already and put on over 1500 miles since I got it 2 weeks ago. Just about hit my 2k miles I wanted to from highway miles before I hit the auto cross track this weekend :kooky:

Love the two whities. Didn't you say you wanted something different than your previous red car? hahah, had to go and get another white one ;)
Impressive memory! But actually, the 'Bird is light blue, for some reason my digital camera can't render that color, it always looks white.

And yeah, I really enjoyed that first wash. I was going to a "team building" thing at work today at a local park and wanted to take it in looking spiffy. It was pretty comical though, washed it with one hand as I got my left thumb in the way of a pair of grass shears (5 stitches) this weekend, LOL. What we won't do for our cars. :gringreen

Actually I am going to need a few new gizmos as I couldn't get my fingers into the honeycombs of the grille or in the recessed areas of the rear valance. Not like us Mustang folk mind spending money on car stuff though, LOL.

PS Not sure if it's a temporary glitch, but reposting my pic as an attachment as the Photobucket link seems broken. Hmmmmmmm.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very NICE..will post some pics when I get to pick my new one up also
Looking forward to that. Sorry to read your delivery hit a snag, hopefully both ponies will be in the barn soon!

My 1931 Model A Cabriolet and my 2012 Vert.

Includes driving the Village Easter Bunny to various places around town and to the big day photographing kids and the bunny.
The other neat picture is at a Gatsby party at a nearby castle.
I was hoping you would see this thread Bruce... great pictures, the Easter Bunny in particular is a riot. :gringreen

Aside from the Mustangs and a few other rare exceptions, me too.

But that's what hooked me with the 2009 Mustang, and again with the 2012 GT... to me a great combination of classic looks and modern performance.

Very nice garage!

Here's a pic of my driveway:
Awesome... THREE! If had the space (and hadn't needed the trade-in dough, LOL) I would have loved to have kept my red 2009.

I haven't had the '67 running in a few years but this is how she sat after coming home from the bodyshop. Hopefully soon I can take the two to a carshow or maybe the dragstrip, maybe I'll let my dad drive my '11.
Oh yeah, very nice. That car deserves to be back on the road... I know how involved it can be though, one of my vintage cars about bankrupted me, LOL.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Nice cars guys. Here are my two. Beautiful day here today so I pulled them both out of the garage for the photo.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice cars guys. Here are my two. Beautiful day here today so I pulled them both out of the garage for the photo.

Rob
I was hoping you would see this thread Rob... man oh man do those two look awesome together! You know how much I like the new one but right now I've only got eyes for that 1965... it's really a beauty! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was hoping you would see this thread Rob... man oh man do those two look awesome together! You know how much I like the new one but right now I've only got eyes for that 1965... it's really a beauty! :bigthumbsup
Thanks Scott. I don't think the '65 is jealous. My kids take her out for exercise if I don't. And thanks for starting this thread. I hope to see many more pairs!

Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.