Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed C&L CAI with Brenspeed tune. One word, Awesome!! Night and day difference and I am only running the 87 tune. I am sure there are other fine tuners out there, but I recommend Brenspeed to anyone looking to make their Stang more responsive.

Will eventually upload the 93 tune for comparison sake, but right now I am very happy with 87.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Been saying that for a long time.........Brent and his crew at Brenspeed is awesome!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
SIGQUICK said:
Installed C&L CAI with Brenspeed tune. One word, Awesome!! Night and day difference and I am only running the 87 tune. I am sure there are other fine tuners out there, but I recommend Brenspeed to anyone looking to make their Stang more responsive.

Will eventually upload the 93 tune for comparison sake, but right now I am very happy with 87.
When you finally get the 93 tune, you'll be impressed all over again. What these ponies can do with little modification is exciting...and it never seems to end, one mod after another..kinda like chasing after the Holy Grail. Had my first challenge today by a new Daytona Charger-Hemi...the driver is probably still spanking his car for embarassing him like that....live and learn!! :smoke:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Couple questions:

Do you guys who got a CAI and tune plan to go SUpercharger down the road? OR are you content with the CAI?

Which do you guys like better Evolution's tunes? Or Brenspeed? I know Brenspeed is great from what I hear, and so is Evo, however, Evo is about a 2 hour drive from my house and he has a dyno, so it might be more worth my while to get my stuff from him...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Couple questions:

Do you guys who got a CAI and tune plan to go SUpercharger down the road? OR are you content with the CAI?

Which do you guys like better Evolution's tunes? Or Brenspeed? I know Brenspeed is great from what I hear, and so is Evo, however, Evo is about a 2 hour drive from my house and he has a dyno, so it might be more worth my while to get my stuff from him...
I'll probably stay N/A. Just can't justify the $4-6,000 to S/C. But may add a 75 shot down the road. Can't comment on the Evo tunes. The big 3 seem to been Evo, Bamachips, and Brenspeed. I've been very satisfied with my Brenspeed tune.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
stlwagon said:
I'll probably stay N/A. Just can't justify the $4-6,000 to S/C. But may add a 75 shot down the road. Can't comment on the Evo tunes. The big 3 seem to been Evo, Bamachips, and Brenspeed. I've been very satisfied with my Brenspeed tune.
Yeah. I might go to the track once in my life, but that's about it since this is my daily driver, I can't risk injury to it. So I'm having trouble jusifying a S/C. The CAI provides some extra boost in performance, while keeping the $$$ down(and no added stress on the engine).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree as well. I installed the C&L CAI and SCT XCAL2 tune from Brenspeed in the spring. :thumbsup VERY VERY HAPPY with the whole thing. Currently running the 93 tune and love it. Except the price of 93 SUCKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
redfire GT said:
I agree as well. I installed the C&L CAI and SCT XCAL2 tune from Brenspeed in the spring. :thumbsup VERY VERY HAPPY with the whole thing. Currently running the 93 tune and love it. Except the price of 93 SUCKS!!!!!!
I guess ytou have to look at it like this:

A full tank costs you say 46 bucks @ 2.90 for 87.
What's another $3.20(an extra 20 cents per gallon)?

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :p

or maybe it does...LOL sorry

PS my numbers were a little rounded so they might be off a couple dollars

·
Registered
76 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :p

A very good point twoscoops however I fill up about three times per week:happyhapp . I commute about 50 miles each way to work so it hurts a lil more than that. Either way I have stuck with the 93 tune because it just feels that much better. I guess thats the price I have to pay for the fun I want to have.....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
redfire GT said:
A very good point twoscoops however I fill up about three times per week:happyhapp . I commute about 50 miles each way to work so it hurts a lil more than that. Either way I have stuck with the 93 tune because it just feels that much better. I guess thats the price I have to pay for the fun I want to have.....
Yikes. Thats a hefty commute

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Couple questions:

If you have the opportunity to get a dyno tune, do it. Many of the canned tunes are good, some better than others, with Excellent Customer Service being the real deciding factor. As I was told when I had mine done, no 2 cars are alike, especially with the S197's, so what may be good for one is not necessarily right for the other. Having a dyno tune takes out the guess work and individualizes it. If all that makes sense. As far as adding a S/C, not for me. To costly and to many parts to go bad. I'll be staying NA, with a Zex Kit on my list as a future mod....maybe this fall. :kooky:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there

Have any of you tried both Bamachips and Brenspeed tunes on your cars? How would you compare the two?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:

As one of the writers in Road and Track put it, gasoline is "liquid entertainment."

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
redfire GT said:
I know this is off topic, but... buy a beater 4 cylinder that will pay for itself in the gas savings. (I made sure I kept my beater and my car still even SMELLS like new 8 months later) <2000 miles on her
my two cents...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Hey Waxed, haven't seen you around for a while....good pointer on the "work" car...I kept my 97 Taurus just for that reason...drive the pony just for fun and antagonizing the locals. :laughlitt

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just put on 87 oct tune from Brenspeed, what a difference in response and power. I was getting 22-24 mpg, highway when stock with my automatic 06 GT before. Now highway trips are showing just under 27 mpg. The 87 tune even chirps rear wheels on shift from 2nd to 3rd. Haven't tried it fully yet. Can't be happier! Later I'll try the 89 and 91 octane tunes on the Xcal2.

06 Tunstang C & L CAI SCT Xcal 2, MRT Plenum Cover

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
get the 93 octane, have your shift limits modified and she'll bark in 2nd and 3rd and chirp in 4th.....hold on too, the g's are wicked. gotta get better rear shocks, getting tremondous front end lift on WOT. :happyhapp

·
Registered
161 Posts
GTSTANG06 said:
get the 93 octane, have your shift limits modified and she'll bark in 2nd and 3rd and chirp in 4th.....hold on too, the g's are wicked. gotta get better rear shocks, getting tremondous front end lift on WOT. :happyhapp
Changed to 91 octane - that's all that is available here- Wow! is all I can say. Pretty happy with that. Cobra ft end going on right away as all parts are now in and bumper cover being painted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Unbefreakinleavable!

I jumped in with both feet and installed Brenspeed's 93 octane X-Cal2 tune straight up with the addition of my C&L Racer CAI kit.

It has been a week and I am still trying to re-learn how to drive this thing. It is now a whole new animal.

Luckilly, gas prices came down a bit recently but I think I'd pay the price anyway just for the fun factor!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts