Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
mot250 said:
Unbefreakinleavable!

I jumped in with both feet and installed Brenspeed's 93 octane X-Cal2 tune straight up with the addition of my C&L Racer CAI kit.

It has been a week and I am still trying to re-learn how to drive this thing. It is now a whole new animal.

Luckilly, gas prices came down a bit recently but I think I'd pay the price anyway just for the fun factor!
Wow...I ordered the same intake and sct from BamaChips...hope my results are similar:bounce2:

·
Registered
363 Posts
From what I've heard, both Bamachips and Brenspeed are comparable in performance.. havent heard anythig but positive feedback from both. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with Bama!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
mot250 said:
Unbefreakinleavable!

I jumped in with both feet and installed Brenspeed's 93 octane X-Cal2 tune straight up with the addition of my C&L Racer CAI kit.

It has been a week and I am still trying to re-learn how to drive this thing. It is now a whole new animal.

Luckilly, gas prices came down a bit recently but I think I'd pay the price anyway just for the fun factor!
I tried going back to an 87 tune once. Didn't last long. You really get spoiled with the 93.

·
Registered
496 Posts
AFStang said:
From what I've heard, both Bamachips and Brenspeed are comparable in performance.. havent heard anythig but positive feedback from both. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with Bama!
Thats very reasuring...thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I guess ytou have to look at it like this:

A full tank costs you say 46 bucks @ 2.90 for 87.
What's another $3.20(an extra 20 cents per gallon)?

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :p

or maybe it does...LOL sorry

PS my numbers were a little rounded so they might be off a couple dollars
wow a year? i spent 1300 in one month just a few months ago, god i love driving my stang <3

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm running the 93 octane tune from Brenspeed,......excellent customer service. Brent explained that with 93 octane the engine can make more torque, at lower rpms,.....less reving necessary for same exceleration. Potential savings if you can keep ur foot out of it.(not possible):grinroll: Also it is nice for the knock sensor not having to constantly retard timing to make up for weak gas......to me 93 is the only way to go. Now if you are just burning gas on a highway comute......then the 87 tune would be the way to go.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
240 Posts
track tested

AirGoNomyk said:
Wow...I ordered the same intake and sct from BamaChips...hope my results are similar:bounce2:
I went from 13.678 at 103.30 stock to 13.439 at 104.99 with the C&L and Brenspeed 93 octane tune. That's just almost a full 1/4 second drop! There may be more left in her yet if I can learn how to minimize the spinning on the stock street radials at the launch...

Good luck with yours AirGoNomynk! I'm sure you'll love it...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
mot250 said:
I went from 13.678 at 103.30 stock to 13.439 at 104.99 with the C&L and Brenspeed 93 octane tune. That's just almost a full 1/4 second drop! There may be more left in her yet if I can learn how to minimize the spinning on the stock street radials at the launch...

Good luck with yours AirGoNomynk! I'm sure you'll love it...
Very nice improvement with just those two mods! I'll bet the LCA relocation brackets probably helped a bit too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my C&L (street) and 87 Octane flash (brenspeed) installed today.... and holy $hit.

My 06 GT (AUTO) just about *leapt* from the pavement when I put my foot on the gas. Im sure this has some nice improvements for manual transmission drivers, but for my automatic- its literaly like a different car..... Im almost embarrassed to admit that at first i thought something was wrong- the car really jumped! I dont think Im exagerating to say I have to drive this car differently now.... Funny thing is- with the changes to the shifting of the AUTO- I dont know that I could match its performance manually (even if I wanted to try).

Its almost the same feeling I had when test driving a V6- then a GT. Dramatic.:eyepoppin

I had heard good things- but this was shocking..... oh- and the sound? It scared my wife.....she was standing in the garage when I fired it up (hood up). She said it sounded like a wild animal..... hmmm- I like that. My neighbor actually looked up (from his lawnmower!) when I finally pulled away from the curb.... wow....

Anyways- once I burn off this tank of 87 (wont take long!) - Im anxious to try the other tunes- though I hardly beleive they could be better.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
lowepg said:
Just got my C&L (street) and 87 Octane flash (brenspeed) installed today.... and holy $hit.

My 06 GT (AUTO) just about *leapt* from the pavement when I put my foot on the gas. Im sure this has some nice improvements for manual transmission drivers, but for my automatic- its literaly like a different car..... Im almost embarrassed to admit that at first i thought something was wrong- the car really jumped! I dont think Im exagerating to say I have to drive this car differently now.... Funny thing is- with the changes to the shifting of the AUTO- I dont know that I could match its performance manually (even if I wanted to try).

Its almost the same feeling I had when test driving a V6- then a GT. Dramatic.:eyepoppin

I had heard good things- but this was shocking..... oh- and the sound? It scared my wife.....she was standing in the garage when I fired it up (hood up). She said it sounded like a wild animal..... hmmm- I like that. My neighbor actually looked up (from his lawnmower!) when I finally pulled away from the curb.... wow....

Anyways- once I burn off this tank of 87 (wont take long!) - Im anxious to try the other tunes- though I hardly beleive they could be better.
Just wait... Once you go 93, you'll never go back :grinroll:

·
Registered
240 Posts
stlwagon said:
Very nice improvement with just those two mods! I'll bet the LCA relocation brackets probably helped a bit too.
I'm sure I'd notice a bigger improvement form the LCA relocations brackets with DRs or slicks. Still get a bunch of wheel spin off the launch if I'm not careful but I've noticed the tire shake I used to get during the short tire cleaning "burn-out' has gone away...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
mot250 said:
I'm sure I'd notice a bigger improvement form the LCA relocations brackets with DRs or slicks. Still get a bunch of wheel spin off the launch if I'm not careful but I've noticed the tire shake I used to get during the short tire cleaning "burn-out' has gone away...
I think you'll see an even bigger difference once you install that new 3rd link!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts