Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies in advance for my longest post ever.

Two weeks in I'm really enjoying my car more than I thought I would. I got my BBK Shorty Headers put on this week and with just headers you can feel a little difference at idle and a deeper sound while accelerating. I can't wait to put full exhaust on.

It still ticks from the engine, and I have a post about that in the "Tech" section if you care. Besides that it's been great. I've had 4 GTs try and race me and a C6 Z06. I took the Z06 up on it just to watch that car fly by. I dunno why they would waste their time but apparently its fun to race V6s that they know they can beat. Makes me want to mod my car more though. Oh and I got flipped off for no reason by a guy in a Civic Si.

Onto the questions. :)

1. Does anyone have a list of options for the 04 V6? Odd things seem to be missing. Like the lack of a light under the hood and in the glove box? I have a "Mach" sound system with 6 disc head unit and a rear spoiler, so this means its a premium trim right?

2. The car smells like smoke. I thought it would get better with time but it appears to be getting worse. There is minimal smokers damage but the damn car smells. I tried Febreeze with limited results.

2. The driverside door is "loose" if I park on any sort of incline (like the parking lot at work) the door tries to shut on me as I'm getting out. This sucks. I was looking at the hinge a the bottom has like a little pad, is there somewhere I can buy one of these? I don't want to junkyard it and get another worn out one.

3. I'm so embarrassed to ask this question, how do I tell if I have anti-lock brakes? Besides the slam on the brakes answer. :embarrassed

4. What the hell does the traction control do? I can't really tell a difference with it on or off. Is there someone where I can read about what it supposed to do?

Ok, that is super long so I will shut up now. Hopefully I'm not monopolizing everyone's time with this post. I've already searched for all of these answers with limited success.

Thanks,
Giezr

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
tick ing is an exaust leak somewhere.

trac controll is applied brakeing.

when u race leave it off.

when u cruise it dont matter

·
Registered
682 Posts
if you want i can sell you a brand new in the box full exhaust kit for 450 obo shipping is around 100 but it will still be cheaper than buying it off magnaflow if you want to see it here is the link...

MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

in total it be around 550-600 but it beats buying it from magnaflow for 675 idk bout shipping i have one on my car and it sounds GREAT n its a 02 v6 message me if interested

·
Registered
682 Posts

that cant be correct because i had it when i had stock exhaust and now i put a whole new one in and it still ticks when idleing..

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
no buying or selling in the forums!

a tick tick is exause look harder lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
ahh forgot been in active for a while..what could it be?

·
Registered
288 Posts
when you start up your car does the abs light come one if so then you have abs and if not check under the hood the abs unit will have brake lines running into it from the master cylinder and then to your brakes. for the smoke go to the ford dealer and see what they say i think they can get the smoke smell out they some sort of special cleaner or something

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

traction control has nothing to do with the brakes, when one of the rear wheel speed sensors detects slip, TCS retards the timing which reduces the power of the engine, which minimizes/stops the slippage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when one of the rear wheel speed sensors detects slip, TCS retards the timing which reduces the power of the engine, which minimizes/stops the slippage.
That explains why I can do those one wheel burnouts with traction control on, thanks.

SammyBoy25 said:
when you start up your car does the abs light come one if so then you have abs and if not check under the hood the abs unit will have brake lines running into it from the master cylinder and then to your brakes.
I have ABS. yay.

As far as the door issue I'm thinking about trying to swap the hinge on the passenger side with the one on the driver. The passenger door stays open fine. It does look like a pain of a job though.

Thanks again,
Giezr

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
That explains why I can do those one wheel burnouts with traction control on, thanks.

actually the reason you're doing 1-wheel burnouts is because of the open differential in the 7.5", and plus, you shouldnt be able to do a burnout with TCS on...? i mean you might be able to start burning out, but the engine should bog down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually the reason you're doing 1-wheel burnouts is because of the open differential in the 7.5", and plus, you shouldnt be able to do a burnout with TCS on...? i mean you might be able to start burning out, but the engine should bog down.
Yeah I know about the lack of the t-loc. I was referring to the fact it will let me burn out with TCS on, which previously confused me. But in "experiments" last night it does bog down yes.

Giezr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.