Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u guys think about the typhoon intake ive heard its the best bang for its buck i was goin to get a edel RPM 2 but the typhoon is a little more in my price range what do u guys think??

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I have a Performace Products throttle body and crank damper and the quality is SUPERIOR compared to other brands, the casting is almost perfect..so my guess is that the intake follows the same path.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Typoon, Satin, I like mine just fine.Way better than stock, and a budget modest add on. Make sure the intake runners on your heads are 200cc. It will make this intake come alive. Don't have any Valve Cover to Intake clearance issues, even without 1" intake spacer. Although, with fresh stock motor mounts, and a factory hood i had to add 1/4 inch shims on Hood hinges, lol. (1/4 steel exact shape of Hinge, not washers) Good luck!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think the intake is a good deal for the price. Its designed after the Edelbrock Performer intake, which is the best "all around" intake out there. I have seen one at a local store and the ports looked a little rough, so plan on spending a bit of time smoothing out the intake ports if they need it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im gonna throw this intake on ma new 347 stroker motor am buildin up it has 185cc afr head and crane cam .544 lift and so on how will it work with the heads and other parts?

·
Registered
897 Posts
dude; if you have that much work in the motor dont go cheap now.the typhoon is exactly what you pay for and will need alot of porting to smooth it out.this intake will not outperform the edelbrock.be patient and save your money for the edelbrock,it will compliment the afr heads and make the motor come alive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.