Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This body shop keeps telling me the Ford OEM parts for a 1988 Mustang GT are very hard to find parts. Some of the parts needed are a new fiberglass bumper, headlight lens, fenderwheel liners, a fender, fixing or reconditioning the front bumper cap. (See Pics)

One week to finish car or one month?

I was able to find Ford OEM parts within 30 minutes in a day? Yet they won't accept them.:headscratch:

What gives?:headscratch: Why would they lie about this?:headscratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
they are lazy, n trying to do it as cheap as possable

·
Registered
941 Posts
they want you to buy the parts from them or if they want ot fix whats there it probably more time to recondition it there for they make more money

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, they want you to buy the parts through them while they sit on their hands, accumulating time, meaning charge you more. Original Ford parts aren't hard to find, on some things like the nose of the car doesn't have to be original, these original parts also cost around twice as much.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yes and you can get a new gt front cover brand knew in black on ebay for about 160$ shipped to your house you can find lots of hard to find parts there

·
Registered
435 Posts
I would be looking for a new body shop.:wavey

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:madas::frustrated::mad:
Yup, they want you to buy the parts through them while they sit on their hands, accumulating time, meaning charge you more. Original Ford parts aren't hard to find, on some things like the nose of the car doesn't have to be original, these original parts also cost around twice as much.
I know this but because the insurance company is involved for the majority of payment the stipulation by both insurance company and body shop is that the parts have to be FORD OEM parts. But even so I was able to locate those parts but the crooked body shop just wants to use their vendors blaming the insurance company that it has to be FORD OEM and lying that parts are so difficult to find for this car. One thing for sure which I find interesting is that in the last 2 years prior to this incident my insurance rates went up twice citing that the price for parts of this car are difficult and scarce to find and expensive when found. What a bunch of BS it's places like this that give the auto industry a bad rep and often times it isn't the fault of the car design or how well it is made it is the crooks that think they are professional mechanics who mess your car up.:headscratch::nono::mad::madas::cursing:
It is absurb that the car has been in the shop for over a month now and they put on a reconditioned bumper, bumper cap, fender from junk yard and didn't put it back together correctly leaving the wheel fender liners out and denying they were never there too then getting stolen to then saying they don't know and then breaking the parking brake so now it doesn't hold the car. Total BS The insurance company works together with the body shop and definitely not in the favor to the consumer's interest.:nono:

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes and you can get a new gt front cover brand knew in black on ebay for about 160$ shipped to your house you can find lots of hard to find parts there
That is an option I have but I'm not sure if I have to pay a second deductible for the next shop. Of course the insurance company didn't return my phone call on this question.:madas::cursing:

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is fine with me that the FORD OEM parts cost twice as much because of better quality and because the insurance company is paying for it and the body shops and insurance company say those are the only parts they will have installed no aftermarket or reproduction parts allowed so they say.:cursing:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Like I said before, it is the body shop trying to take advantage of a woman, & trying to do it for cheap

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said before, it is the body shop trying to take advantage of a woman, & trying to do it for cheap
How are they taking advantage of me? Are they charging the insurance company storage fees for my car to make the $$$$? Or is the insurance company and bodyshop in some way are working together against me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.