Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive spoke with a few techs they said stay away from udp's? they just end up fuckin the gt's up? true? false? whats your OPINIONS. back that ish up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
dvs_03gt said:
ive spoke with a few techs they said stay away from udp's? they just end up fuckin the gt's up? true? false? whats your OPINIONS. back that ish up.
Well In my opinion it isnt the underdrive pullies, it is the type of underdrive pully that can be the problem. I originally had BBK and liked them but the one pully was an extra piece that fit next to the engine and then the stock balancer was placed which made the balancer stick way out which effects greatly increases the chance that the seal will wear and hurt your engine. What did I do about it? I replaced them with Steeda underdrive pullies which comes with the pully and balancer in one piece and you dont have to use your stock balancer at all. clean and tight and I have no worries. plus the steeda ones are black where as the BBK were silver chrome which I hear has the tendancy to wear off and get all over your serpentein belt.
So to sum it all up. If you are going to do Underdrive pullies buy a brand that comes with the one pully and balancer is one piece and dont buy the ones where you have to use your stock balancer. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line and I will see how I can help. I am sure there are alot of other more knowlagable people here that will offer thier opinion as well. Good luck

·
Registered
375 Posts
The only thing that have heard about is that if you get pullies and have a big audio system inyour car(that really should have a capacitor but doesnt!) when you turn on your lights and blast the ac the charge in the car from the alternator wont be as efficient in chargin your battery. And you will be able to see from the reflection of your lights in the backs of othre cars at a light, dim everytime the bass hits a hard note.

But this is only wiht like amp's well over 1k watts with like 2 12's or something.

Hope this helps-havent seen this first hand though

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Good info

Skip has it right. Stay away from the "piggyback" designs. Also, keep in mind the fact that if you plan to go with a supercharger, you've just wasted your time and money with udp's - back on go the oe pulleys, along with whatever the supercharger needs.

tripleblack

skiphep said:
Well In my opinion it isnt the underdrive pullies, it is the type of underdrive pully that can be the problem. I originally had BBK and liked them but the one pully was an extra piece that fit next to the engine and then the stock balancer was placed which made the balancer stick way out which effects greatly increases the chance that the seal will wear and hurt your engine. What did I do about it? I replaced them with Steeda underdrive pullies which comes with the pully and balancer in one piece and you dont have to use your stock balancer at all. clean and tight and I have no worries. plus the steeda ones are black where as the BBK were silver chrome which I hear has the tendancy to wear off and get all over your serpentein belt.
So to sum it all up. If you are going to do Underdrive pullies buy a brand that comes with the one pully and balancer is one piece and dont buy the ones where you have to use your stock balancer. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line and I will see how I can help. I am sure there are alot of other more knowlagable people here that will offer thier opinion as well. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.