Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the paperwork today on a 09' white GT500 and will be picking it up on Monday morning:D

3.4L Whipple is already on the way:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Congrats!! Mother of god! We expect pictures! So i take it you are selling the GT?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Your current avatar is certainly appropriate, as you will symbolically have a "bullseye" drawing the police to you when you're driving around in your new white GT500. Does it have the vista blue stripes?
What did I do now?
A) wasted money that could have gone into retirement funds
B) spent your money foolishly seeking immediate gratification
C) deprived your relatives of part of their future inheritance
D) all of the above

M

·
0 Posts
Congratulations!!:bigthumbsup I know you will enjoy every second! :gringreen

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Just doing your job to spur the economy, I see.;)

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Those are certainly nice but I though you'd wait to see if Ford was going to make a Boss/Mach or offer the 5.0/6.2 aluminum block. You must of got a good deal :bigthumbsup. I saw a 08 GT500 on Craiglist with only 3K for $33K!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
you dont waste time do ya lol already a new blower :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
WOW!! Congrats!!You gonna keep you KB'ed GT? Or did the belt problem finally prove too much? There is a small chance I will buy a GT500 when this car is paid off.

PICS Please!

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!! Mother of god! We expect pictures! So i take it you are selling the GT?
Yeah, GT is a gonner. I wanted the 500 the day I got the GT anyway. Back the they were sticker+$20K though and there was no way I was going to pay for that. Didn't turn out too bad. I got to drive a FI GT till I found the 500 that was destin to be mine:bigthumbsup

I have a lot of work to do though. The fuel system, cooling system, rear end, control arms, panhard rod, axle back, seats, digital dash, wheels/tires, and whatever else I am not thinking of right now need to be swapped over to the 500. Could be worse I guess:scratchchin

Your current avatar is certainly appropriate, as you will symbolically have a "bullseye" drawing the police to you when you're driving around in your new white GT500.
Does it have the vista blue stripes? Yes, but they are coming off.
After I remove the stripes and badging and put on some anthricite rims it won't be that bad.:rolleyes:

A) wasted money that could have gone into retirement funds
B) spent your money foolishly seeking immediate gratification
C) deprived your relatives of part of their future inheritance
D) all of the above
A)Retirement! What would I Invest it in? The stock market? Land or housing? The only solid investment right now are assault weapons and ammo......which I have plenty of:wavey I doubt I will make it that long anyway;)
B)I have been waiting since August 06', but yes. I didn't know I was going to get one till I went to see my friend at the dealership today.
C) No next generation. No kids. He who dies with the most debt wins!:shigrin

That's big news! Keeping the 'old' one too?
Goin' bye, bye. Poor little fella:(

Congratulations!!:bigthumbsup I know you will enjoy every second! :gringreen
Thanks! And I'm sure thats a safe bet:happydance:

Just doing your job to spur the economy, I see.;)
That's me, just another example of a productive member of society:laugh:

Those are certainly nice but I though you'd wait to see if Ford was going to make a Boss/Mach or offer the 5.0/6.2 aluminum block. You must of got a good deal :bigthumbsup. I saw a 08 GT500 on Craiglist with only 3K for $33K!
I can't stand the rear end of the new body, it just doesn't work for me (the front rocks though). With a 5.4 4v I'm not too concerned with a potential 5.0. And from what I know, and I know quite a bit, the 6.2 was shelved a while back. That program fell under the responsibility of what my Stepfather did at Ford before he retired last year (early) and he said they couldn't justify it. It could have been unshelved since then though. But, even if there is a 6.2L coming out I think a 5.4L 4v being stuffed with 3.4L of Whipple to the tune of an easy 750rwhp will do just fine. All I want to do is to be able to smoke the tires off from 80mph. Is that too much to ask?:shigrin.
Good deal? Oh yeah! After enough pestering these guys and the fact they still have three left with the new ones on the way I STOLE it. $39,100+ tax:) Hows that for the jackpot?!

3K for $33k. Hard to complain about that. That's almost good enough to tempt me to buy used. Almost.:scratchchin

you dont waste time do ya lol already a new blower :bigthumbsup
Absolutely! I ordered my KB the day I got my GT and had it on the car with 600mi on it. Why waste time? Considering what I can use off of the GT and the blower already on the way there isn't much left to get. I'm thinkig all I need is wheels, shifter, fuel rails, shocks, springs and that is about it. I'm hoping to have the car done and making 750rwhp on pump gas with the turn of a key and DD manners within a month.....I have had about 3 years to think about this. I'm so excited I'm going to wet myself!:happydance:

I have not been this excited about getting something in a long, long time. My bikes are all just tools to me at this point because it's what I do for a living. And I like my GT a lot but in the back of my mind I still have always liked my 03' cobra I should never have sold more. I can't wait to get this sucker in the shop and taking a weekend to swap everything over. I see some long but very happy nights ahead.

Thanks for all the posts. I promise I will still hang out with you guys even though you only have GT's:hihi: (that is 100% joke). I'm sure a lot of you are excited for me. I know I would be if someone else were getting one. I'll post up some pics of the transformation and eventualy video of 200 yard John Force smokey burnouts. I had better get an extra set of rear tires right now.:gringreen

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is what I would have done, if I were to do it over again... or at least something similar.

START w/ forged bottom end 'big' motor AND TR6060... THAT alone is worth 10K+, not including savings of already having fuel pumps, gauges, and better brakes.

Either that, or start w/ lightly wrecked v6 and pick up a totaled Termi off of Copart.

Granted, I enjoy my path, and where it is heading, and especially the friends/aquaintances Ive met along the way... BUT, just like so many things out there... ONCE!!!! Wouldnt do it again! LOL.

Congrats on the new rig, and please keep us (me) posted:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Congrats. I guess your easy going personality persuaded him to see it your way......:hihi: I see your already changing some items. I guess you didn't get the extended warranty...:laugh:

Oh I got called to the H-D dealer today and they had a 1125r demo bike sitting out side so I took it for a ride. What an animal.
My first time on that type of bike. Scary quick :happyhapp

·
Registered
781 Posts
=) super snakes beware

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how long until you order the D-Specs? :headscratch:

I kid, I kid :hihi:
I think I will order a set to use as hood struts:happydance: