Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have a HIGH profile drag-race coming up this weekend. It is being done by a local dirt track here and is being run on a runway at an old airport, but anyway, here's whats going on...

My STOCK 1997 Mustang GT VS. a STOCK 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (not sti)
Both 5 speeds

Best time I have run with my car was a 14.57 @ 96mph. According to posted times on the internet, that might be enough. I guess they have 10 less HP then a 97GT and like 70tq less, but run a conservative time of 1/4 mile 14.7 @ 93mph.

What should I do to get ready? Premium gas? Anything? I got new back tires, Nitto R's, the big thing I'm worried about is traction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any help, please let me know asap! Thanks!:laughlitt

·
Registered
7 Posts
well from experience that will be a very close race for u. ive ran a couple of WRX's (non sti) and have KILLED both and they were stock.....the best ive gotten outta my car so far..is a 14.1 and id say ive beatin the wrx's by at least 2 full car lengths so i gotta figure there runnin around a 14.6-14.8 its all gonna depend on driver i think. try and do a best of three race, if possible well make sure u post how u did....good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.