Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---I know this is posted in two places, but I need your help:wavey ---
Hi guys! I have a HIGH profile drag-race coming up this weekend. It is being done by a local dirt track here and is being run on a runway at an old airport, but anyway, here's whats going on...

My STOCK 1997 Mustang GT VS. a STOCK 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (not sti)
Both 5 speeds

Best time I have run with my car was a 14.57 @ 96mph. According to posted times on the internet, that might be enough. I guess they have 10 less HP then a 97GT and like 70tq less, but run a conservative time of 1/4 mile 14.7 @ 93mph.

What should I do to get ready? Premium gas? Anything? I got new back tires, Nitto R's, the big thing I'm worried about is traction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any help, please let me know asap! Thanks!:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
when the other guy isnt looking, syphon the gas out of his car then when its race time hopefully he will run out....no dont do that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hate to say it but he may have the dege...that car may have a bit less power but it is a whole lot lighter..

·
Registered
150 Posts
and with AWD and a high rpm launch you will be seeing taillights for a while until u catch up....get a 100shot of nitrous (wet shot) hehe

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nicks79 said:
---I know this is posted in two places, but I need your help:wavey ---
Hi guys! I have a HIGH profile drag-race coming up this weekend. It is being done by a local dirt track here and is being run on a runway at an old airport, but anyway, here's whats going on...

My STOCK 1997 Mustang GT VS. a STOCK 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (not sti)
Both 5 speeds

Best time I have run with my car was a 14.57 @ 96mph. According to posted times on the internet, that might be enough. I guess they have 10 less HP then a 97GT and like 70tq less, but run a conservative time of 1/4 mile 14.7 @ 93mph.

What should I do to get ready? Premium gas? Anything? I got new back tires, Nitto R's, the big thing I'm worried about is traction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any help, please let me know asap! Thanks!:laughlitt
What's your budget?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About 500 dollars and two days

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nicks79 said:
About 500 dollars and two days
Geez, man! Two days?!

And you're completely stock?

Next Day Air on a handheld tuner & a Drop In K&N Filter,

Remove the rear seat and the spare tire, jack, etc.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kscoyote said:
Geez, man! Two days?!

And you're completely stock?
I didn't know I was registered until yesterday. Thanks to my wonderful friend I am against a guy he works with. Oh my oh my!:sterb:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nicks79 said:
I didn't know I was registered until yesterday. Thanks to my wonderful friend I am against a guy he works with. Oh my oh my!:sterb:
You need to order it NOW. Otherwise, it won't be there in time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a K&N, but that really isn't a mod.
Where I am, I wont get anything overnight. But I do need something. Thanks for hte help keep it coming!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nicks79 said:
I have a K&N, but that really isn't a mod.
Where I am, I wont get anything overnight. But I do need something. Thanks for hte help keep it coming!
You're in the US?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, but Im in the Shitpot san luis valley. it honestly takes 3 times as long for anything to get here then anywhere else. I dont know what else to do.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nicks79 said:
Yea, but Im in the Shitpot san luis valley. it honestly takes 3 times as long for anything to get here then anywhere else. I dont know what else to do.
I used to work for IBM.

Fed EX will get there.

But you have to specify you want OVERNIGHT shipping.

how many miles on the car?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
98,000. It runs great drives great and doesn't burn oil

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well 500.00 Dollars in two days.
I would get a tuner chip and cold air intake.
I would also replace the plugs and wires.
hhhmmmm oh an by the way I would be doing alot
of test runs I would hate to go and not be prepared.
GOOD LUCK let us know who wins...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks alot for your help guys! I will let you know!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you might try dropping a few pounds of air in the rear tires and like mentioned by someone else earlier get rid of the spare tire,jack,and maybe even the rear seat if possible.anything to lighten your car will help.and definetly practice launchs,changing gears etc.but practice,practice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
lcurle said:
when the other guy isnt looking, syphon the gas out of his car then when its race time hopefully he will run out....no dont do that.
Yeah, that won't work, but you COULD syphon YOUR gas and put it in HIS tank to make HIM heavier :hihi: Could work... lol

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
JD04COBRA said:
you might try dropping a few pounds of air in the rear tires and like mentioned by someone else earlier get rid of the spare tire,jack,and maybe even the rear seat if possible.anything to lighten your car will help.and definetly practice launchs,changing gears etc.but practice,practice.
That doesn't work with modern radials. Sidewalls are too stiff.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
workin on it guys. anything else?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.