Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
If you can stand it. IMO the least Iconic of GM's Muscle. Probably outdone by it's own sister the TA.

& what's w/drumline ??

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/

Bombs away :sterb: ! LOL !

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well I can say that if it takes as lomg to produce it as they had them drummers up there ...it will probably never get built....but ..if it does......would you switch?:cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
IMHO..... that is the butt-ugliest piece of $*** i have ever seen. whats even retro about it? the B-Pillar design is the only hint of retro on the car, the rest looks like some futuristic cartoon car. like i have said before, ALL, i mean ALL of gms re-born cars SUCK. style sucks, and is a 400 hp 6.0 the best they can do? LS2...figures....:rolleyes: they cant design a motor for the camaro so they just throw in a de-tuned vette motor? :sterb: isnt the LS2 another pushrod motor?....god they suck. :sterb: the GT500 will rip that pos a new a$$hole as it is going by after the new vette, and our GTs will be right along with the camaro with the proper mods on less displacement with newer technology. (overhead cam) wait til you see the outrageous price they'll want. looks like another gm fvck up to me...

well, lets all just hope that dodge does better with the challenger.... so far it looks pretty good...at least its a Hemi...:tongue

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I think it looks good. Theres nothing wrong with using a pushrod motor, as a matter of fact I prefer it. Both Chevy and Dodge use push rods in their monster Vette and Viper, remember that Ford and is the only one using mod motors and to make the big numbers that the competetion makes NA they have to add forced induction.

I dont think theyll be stupid enough to over price the car (unless they learned nothing from the past.) but dont expect it to be as cheap as a Mustang since it will in all likely hood be alot more powerful. (Ford has almost always been on the conservative side in the HP wars.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with GTNOS. It's butt-ugly, and looks generic. Doesn't Gm realize that by the time it comes to produce it, they will have filed for bankruptcy!?:laughlitt

·
Registered
297 Posts
baah, looks more like a Cadillac, and I never liked the looks of the '69 Cameo anyway.

The chebby guys will eat it up, it's not like they have anything else to get excited about.
Oh yeah, yay Corvette. 45k for a base coupe and over 70 large for a decked out ZO6:eyebulge:
hmm. that one was built after a Cadillac too. Go General!

Chances are that GM will overprice it anyway.

"... though you are allowed to dream about it" Talk about throwing a dog a bone!

I do like the Challenger concept though, just can't get over it being a Dodge. Maybe I can convince myself it's really a Mercedes:rolleyes: It should be priced pretty high too, considering a well equipped Charger is in the mid 30's.
but hey, (best hick accent) It's got a Hemi in it!!! Shweet!!

But after all, there's plenty of room in the Pony/muscle car market right now and the more the merrier.

·
Registered
622 Posts
bobrickert said:
Well I can say that if it takes as lomg to produce it as they had them drummers up there ...it will probably never get built....but ..if it does......would you switch?:cool: :cool: :rolleyes:
if it was on the market at the time I bought my stang, with comparable price/performance, I probably have gone Chev. But I seriously doubt Chev will be able to keep the price down. By the time it's released I may be in the market for a new car, but I have to say I like the Challenger even better.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The only retro that would cause me to think polygamous is an Old School 'Cuda..."ooo, Barra-cuda"...dum da-da dum da-da dum da-da dum DUM DUM DUM...the front of that Camaro looks like Marion Barry's face, all cracked out and stuff...

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
The sides look fine, the front and back are ugly, and the introduction was too low key for me :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:
Funny, I don' remeber all of that hype when the 05 Mustang was introduced, didn't need it, the car sold itself.
And by the way GM should be puckering up big time and planting a huge one on Ford for starting this.
But they will deny it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Looks like our arch rival is back....bring it on baby.

"I'm an equal opportunity hit and receive, all day every day..believe dat!"

6.0L 400 HP....HMM CAN YOU SAY > 35K?!?!?!

What redneck camaro lover is gunna be able to afford that?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I feel as though I am totally unbiased towards Chevy and Ford. I do have to say that the more I see that Camaro the less I like it. Like so many people have pointed out it's got that Cadillac front end thing going on that I just don't like. That's what they did to the Silverado and Avalanche.

As for the new Challenger I love it but unfortunately it's a Chrysler. If you're going to keep the car and if it doesn't give you any grief than buy it. If you have any thoughts about keeping it a few years and trading it in then throw your money down the nearest sinkhole. About the same difference becuse Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth resale value just plain sucks.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
woodj said:
I feel as though I am totally unbiased towards Chevy and Ford. I do have to say that the more I see that Camaro the less I like it. Like so many people have pointed out it's got that Cadillac front end thing going on that I just don't like. That's what they did to the Silverado and Avalanche.

As for the new Challenger I love it but unfortunately it's a Chrysler. If you're going to keep the car and if it doesn't give you any grief than buy it. If you have any thoughts about keeping it a few years and trading it in then throw your money down the nearest sinkhole. About the same difference becuse Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth resale value just plain sucks.
Plymouth doenst exist anymore right? Didn't Chrysler take over?

·
Registered
454 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Plymouth doenst exist anymore right? Didn't Chrysler take over?
Now you've done it. Ruined my whole day. No more Plymouths! What's the world coming to? I've got to climb out from under my rock more often and see what's going on.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i feel that i am unbiased towards most brands of vehicles. i used to be a chevy guy. last truck was an 02 silverado, and it was great. when i was ready to trade up from an extended cab to a crew cab i took one look at the '06 chev and walked away, went to a ford dealer, and traded for an 06 F150. first off, gm needs to fire thier designers. all of them. the trucks after 02 look like crap, (the leather in them is cheap-a$$ too), the new tahoe is ugly as hell, the Impala is a joke, they even screwed up thier flagship car, the corvette, despite the awesome hp output, the c6 vette looks like a piece of euro trash, the rest of gms vehicles are absolutely worthless, and all are way overpriced. i didnt like the f150 pre 04, but ford made alot of changes since then, and i really like it. (gas mileage really sucks bad though, even for a 4x4 crew cab) basically i will go with whoever is making the better vehicles. in the last 3-4 years gms designs, development and overall quality has really went down. fords is up, way up. the fit and finish of my F150 and my mustang is the best i have seen from not only ford, but the big three put together. ford quality starts to go down, and i will patronize someone elses product. even though i am FAR from a mopar fan, i have to admit, dodge has been impressing me lately, more with thier ideas (such as challenger) than anything.

·
Registered
886 Posts
One of my friends summed it up best: "yeah, they're allright, but you'll never see one in a trailer park. So where's the market?"

They're fine, and I welcome the competition, but nobody will get it right AND affordable.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
ultraclyde said:
One of my friends summed it up best: "yeah, they're allright, but you'll never see one in a trailer park. So where's the market?"

They're fine, and I welcome the competition, but nobody will get it right AND affordable.
Ford did. :winks

·
Registered
622 Posts
GTNOS said:
and is a 400 hp 6.0 the best they can do? LS2...figures....:rolleyes: they cant design a motor for the camaro so they just throw in a de-tuned vette motor? :sterb:
ummm.... the 400hp 6.0 is the base 'vette engine, not de-tuned. The 505hp Z06 is a 7.0 with dry sump oil and tons of addtional mods

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Looks like our arch rival is back....bring it on baby.

"I'm an equal opportunity hit and receive, all day every day..believe dat!"

6.0L 400 HP....HMM CAN YOU SAY > 35K?!?!?!

What redneck camaro lover is gunna be able to afford that?
the Camaros have a target price range the same as the Mustangs. for both a V6 and the V8 Camaro. I some what agree with the styling issues. but you can really see the 67-69 Camaro lines in the roof and rear haunches. i should have my Stang paid off by the time Camaro and Challenger are in production. I think one of each would be a nice complement to any garage.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
ummm.... the 400hp 6.0 is the base 'vette engine, not de-tuned. The 505hp Z06 is a 7.0 with dry sump oil and tons of addtional mods
uh-oh. :dunce: you know what that means? lets see.....

the fact that it is a chevy = lot of $$$

the fact that it is a camaro = more $$$$$

the fact that it has the same engine and HP as the base vette = priceless.

at least thats how GM will look at it when they go to assign it an MSRP.

the price will be right up there with the vette at 50k +

it would have to be, who the hell would buy a vette at 50k when you could buy a camaro for 35k with the same engine and hp???

i am really shocked that it will have the exact same hp as the base vette. the vette is the generals flagship car. in history, no other gm model has EVER had the same or more hp than the vette. never. :eyebulge: crazy is what it is....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.