Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was at the Ford dealer getting my GT serviced and talking to my salesman, when up pulled THIS. We both stood there looking out the window......and I simply stated that this was the ugliest thing I have ever seen anyone do to a S197. He thought that maybe it was for picking up satellite TV!!! We both had a good laugh.
We then went outside to get the full spectrum.. and both had to take a few pics. The owner came over and asked us how we liked it.. and that it was "custom"... Well it may have been custom but...WOW.
I have blurred out the plate to protect the poor Mustangs identity.

This is just my opinion, of course.. and if any of you actually like it.. I must say you need to see it in person to really see the "quality" of the 3m tape install and the "quality" of the paint.

I think the Mustang hopes it will fall off soon. And the owner also had about a zillion Jegs and Summit stickers all over the back... I bet it gives him about 5hp boost per sticker!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Looks like something from Alien :happyhapp

·
Registered
109 Posts
WOW :nono::nogrinner:nogrinner:nogrinner
Why do they do it
lmao I just noticed you named the file fugly :gringreen

·
Registered
349 Posts
With the Air Vents on the back it really looked like it was on backwards. Not that it would have made any difference, still would have fugly...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
With the Air Vents on the back it really looked like it was on backwards. Not that it would have made any difference, still would have fugly...
That's what I thought too, but then I am thinking it must on right, right ???

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm curious to know what your response was when he asked you if you liked it, I'm not sure if I could have looked this guy in the eye.:hihi:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hahahah WTF........

·
Registered
137 Posts
The best part about that thing is when he does an oil change, he can pop that thing off and use it as an oil pan.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A friend of mine had one on his '64 Nova 4 door back in 1970. And yes the vents were facing the same way.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's actually a Thunderbolt teardrop scoop. It was used on the early 1960s factory race cars like the Thunderbolt and Galaxie 500 AFX (altered factory experimental) cars. It was needed to clear the huge 427 side oiler engine and huge carb.

For one thing, it's not in the right position on the hood (too far forward), and MOST of all it looks like it was just stuck on which is what makes it ugly. Whoever did it took the shortcut rather than molding it and smoothing the edges.

And yes, the airvents go towards the back of the hood so at least they got that part right.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im not saying I like the look of that thing ... but as an engineer I like the design. I is designed perfectly to deflect the air around it and force as much air as possible into the vents. They use designs like this when making the air intakes for jets, since they don't want sonic air it gets slowed down by the deflection and wrapped into the vents.

That being said, it serves no purpose on a car and it looks horrible on the mustang. The guy should have his head examined, and the care taken away for cruelty.

S

·
0 Posts
It looks like someone threw a bedpan on his hood.

I've seen them on vintage rides and they look more natural. It is not a good match for the S197's hood.

Fail.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Wow that looks terrible on this car. But I do recognize that scoop from the old mopars like said above, but those cars needed it and it looked right on those cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pretty much laugh at any non functional hood scoop on cars. That one is just as retarded as any other one.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That is the most repulsive part I've ever seen on a Mustang, of any era. Everyone who sees this has 20 point instantly removed from their IQ. We are all now dumber for witnessing it. May God have mercy on our souls!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.