Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just told me everything is slowed down and he can't give me a EA because the trains are messed up from the oil spill? Thoughts, similar stories? I am not worried yet as it has barely been a month.

· Registered
648 Posts
That does not sound correct at all. Just tell them to send you one of these. It does not matter how slow the trains are they still should be able to track it.
View attachment DOC062210.pdf

· Registered
482 Posts
What the hell does an oil spill have to do with trains going from MI to NY???? :eek:mg:

· Registered
648 Posts
What the hell does an oil spill have to do with trains going from MI to NY????
The real question is...WHERE THE H*** ARE OUR PICTURES, of your car.:winks

· Registered
163 Posts
I dont see how the oil spill would affect a Michigan to New York delivery ...? That makes no sense! Not even remotely close to any spilled oil.

I'm interested to see what they say about mine tomorrow, if anything.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What should I do? He said he would call me when he hears something but he is not very good at returning phone calls:sadcry. He is very nice and I don't wanna be a pain in the a$$ but I wanna know where my baby is!!!!

· Registered
244 Posts
Freight trains usually work on a specific region, ne, nw, north, etc.. then the car is moved to another freight at connecting stations. It's hard for me to believe that a car going from Michigan to New York is affected by southern transport. Call Ford customer service with your VIN they might have a better answer.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont see how the oil spill would affect a Michigan to New York delivery ...? That makes no sense! Not even remotely close to any spilled oil.

I'm interested to see what they say about mine tomorrow, if anything.
lol let me know if they feed u any bull

· Registered
244 Posts
I see that you ordered on 5/30. Your dealer should have a VIN already. Call them, and ask for it :) You can double check your car there: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

just put your VIN number after the equal sign. On top of the sticker there is a blend number. On its left is a 10 digit number. the last 4 digits are the month and day of the build for your car.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK. I just called ford but I didn't have my dealership ID. Thats something I will need to get. How do I get that?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I just called ford up to see if i could get some information. They called the dealership and the dealership couldn't give them any information until tomorrow when the manager was in, even though my salesperson was the one she spoke to. Now apparently it CAN be tracked... just not today? I am getting antsy.

· Registered
648 Posts
Was the car actually ordered?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was the car actually ordered?
Thats was i'm terrified to find out.:censored: I mean im sure it has been.... but i mean if i found out that a month has gone by and it hasnt been ordered... i would probably have a nervous break down. :weeps:fuming:

· Registered
648 Posts
Waited for a GMC truck I thought was on order for 2 months come to find out it wasn't. Learned the hard way.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Waited for a GMC truck I thought was on order for 2 months come to find out it wasn't. Learned the hard way.
how can that happen? I mean once you put the deposit down and they tell you they are going to order it, how can they just not? What did you do?!

· Registered
189 Posts
I just can't believe that Ford is this un-organized. It seems like they are quick to take your money and slow to release information. My strategy is to call and e-mail over and over until I find something out. I have 3 contacts at my dealership and I have that trusty customer service number. It sounds like Ford needs a new ordering system.

They should make an online system that everyone with an order can track every little detail with. That way you know if or if not your car has been ordered and where it is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.