Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've heard many mixed things about Under Drive pulleys....more than not I've heard they aren't worth the $60.

So my question to all of you is....are they worth the $60??

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
A cheap way to get a few a horses which they do give but can sometimes lead to more serious problems like not charging the battery or overheating. They do work tho.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
For $60 that decision is all up to you. $60 isn't much, but is 5HP worth $60 to you???

G

·
for the 60.00 for the 5 extra ponies....

it will cost you close to 500.00 to counter act the side effects....

for every action there will be a reaction.......

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i have underdrive pullies on my car, just the crankshaft and the water pump pulleys, and i have absolutely no problems with cooling, charging, or anything. just FYI

G

·
i have underdrive pullies on my car, just the crankshaft and the water pump pulleys, and i have absolutely no problems with cooling, charging, or anything. just FYI

But yours won't move out the driveway you need a tranny for that.........:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well you are missing one pulley so not the full effect of all the horsepower it's going to give you and what radiator are you running or fan?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Well you are missing one pulley so not the full effect of all the horsepower it's going to give you and what radiator are you running or fan?
a 17 inch flexlite fan and a mishimoto radiator

But yours won't move out the driveway you need a tranny for that.........:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:
i have a tranny!......i just need a yoke.... :(

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Thats sound like a personal problem......:smartass:

Is this him.......:rollgrin::rollgrin::smartass::rollgrin::rollgrin:
yeah, its name is reggie :smartass:

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
No overheating or charging issue and still running the original stock radiator and alternator ........But I paid more the $60.

March Performance Power and Amp UD Pulleys:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
66 Posts
i got all 3 pullies on and haven't had one prob.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Thats sound like a personal problem......:smartass:

Is this him.......:rollgrin::rollgrin::smartass::rollgrin::rollgrin:
you really do have a pic for EVERYTHING...:worship

i still laugh my ass off every time i think of this reply you gave me when i asked if you would polish my bcam lol

sure i can be done for a price......

But will have to send it out ......

here is the guy polishing an e cam for me......:smartass:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...1267631150-how-i-paid-mortgage-7576104-md.jpg

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
No overheating or charging issue and still running the original stock radiator and alternator ........But I paid more the $60.

March Performance Power and Amp UD Pulleys:bigthumbsup
These are the only ones Id use. Still IMO i wouldnt go thru the trouble.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if you go out and give 100+ bucks for them, its not worth it, but i got sum for a cheap price they were bbk, 40 bucks, and i think there worth it

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay thanks guys...Yeah I wasn't aware of all the potential side-affects it could have. I'll probably stay away unless they're dirt cheap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.