Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing some under hood dress up (aluminum coolant overflow tank, aluminum power steering fluid reservoir, aluminum brake fluid reservoir cover, aluminum fuse panel cover), I noticed that my windshield washer filler tube stood out like a "sore thumb." After some thought, I decided to try using 2" heat-shrink tubing to cover it. Easy on, and quick fit with a heat gun. If anyone tries this at home, be careful to not keep the heat on too long, or heating up adjacent wiring. Covering the adjacent area with foil is a suggestion. I also have a plenum extension cover on order.

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
cool idea . . . makes me think maybe I could use shrink tubing to more permanently fix the spot where mice chewed through my windshield washer sprayer hose

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
While doing some under hood dress up (aluminum coolant overflow tank, aluminum power steering fluid reservoir, aluminum brake fluid reservoir cover, aluminum fuse panel cover), I noticed that my windshield washer filler tube stood out like a "sore thumb." After some thought, I decided to try using 2" heat-shrink tubing to cover it. Easy on, and quick fit with a heat gun. If anyone tries this at home, be careful to not keep the heat on too long, or heating up adjacent wiring. Covering the adjacent area with foil is a suggestion. I also have a plenum extension cover on order.

View attachment 779438 View attachment 779439
Ah good idea man. I think I’ll just use the magnums that I have in my sock drawer. :p

cool idea . . . makes me think maybe I could use shrink tubing to more permanently fix the spot where mice chewed through my windshield washer sprayer hose
Try this tape J. I’ve used it here and there on various projects and it’s pretty strong yet easy to remove if need be. I hadn’t tried it on a “water situation” but I think it’ll work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts