Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show off under your hood. Please post pics looking for ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
I no longer have the V6 but I thought this might give some ideas. The Caution Fan decal on the radiator shroud was only a couple of dollars and is the type that was used around 1968. The V6 scripts on the valve covers are for a Ford Escape.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Very, . . . Very nice

·
Registered
448 Posts
Lots of work ,looks good though!

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
gtretroredfire - That is the best looking S197 engine bay I have ever seen. Love the braided hoses. I think I will have to do some on my new pony.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Hey all, those engines look great!!! I can't wait to
make mine look better!!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here's mine.
I have added a braided upper radiator hose, but no new pics of that yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine in Legend Lime

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
sandyman said:
Mine in Legend Lime
Very nice. What did you use to cover the hoses? Really like the Legend Lime radiator cover. Did you paint it yourself? Any problems with the paint staying on the plastic?

·
Registered
538 Posts
dtwwest said:
Very nice. What did you use to cover the hoses? Really like the Legend Lime radiator cover. Did you paint it yourself? Any problems with the paint staying on the plastic?
Im also curious about where you got the hoses from??

·
Registered
538 Posts
gtretroredfire said:
Lots of work ,looks good though!
That is sweet....

·
Registered
633 Posts
My engine bay...

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's mine!!!!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Here's mine. I'm in the process of changing out the hardware for true chrome, no covers. I managed to find metric grade 8.8 chrome acorn nuts for the front struts. I got the chrome strut covers from Moss Auto. I'm going to send my hood prop and fuel rail out to be chromed as well. The valve covers will be powder coated hopefully this winter. I'm also going to install an S&B cold air kit. I'm not really into billet covers. If it's a plastic cap, so be it. If it's metal, I'd like it chromed or powder coated. Braided hoses would be nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
dtwwest said:
I used this to cover hoses and other wires Bentley Harris Convoshield Chrome Corrugated tubing

I had the radiator cover painted along with my Cali Dream hood. A local dealer did it. My son and my Bro in law both had theirs done also and no problems for any of us. Thanks for the compliments.

Here is some on my GT500. The ABS TC lines by the air filter look pretty cool with the loom.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
sandyman said:
I used this to cover hoses and other wires Bentley Harris Convoshield Chrome Corrugated tubing

I had the radiator cover painted along with my Cali Dream hood. A local dealer did it. My son and my Bro in law both had theirs done also and no problems for any of us. Thanks for the compliments.

Here is some on my GT500. The ABS TC lines by the air filter look pretty cool with the loom.
Another source for the wire looming is mustangs unlimited:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/keyword.asp?Keywords=convoluted&x=21&y=11

According to the Midwest Auto website, they're going to be producing painted radiator covers soon as well as battery boxes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
myltlpny said:
Another source for the wire looming is mustangs unlimited:
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/keyword.asp?Keywords=convoluted&x=21&y=11

According to the Midwest Auto website, they're going to be producing painted radiator covers soon as well as battery boxes.
Interesting on the radiator covers. Just don't see how they can make them and paint them for less than just painting the stock one. I didn't use Midwest for the loom because they didn't have chrome as I recall. I do have their plenum cover on my LL that was flamed by Hireman.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts