Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Holy cow!!! There's that much wire in one of these cars?!!
A Haynes manual should get you in the ballpark, if you can't find anything better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
pahahahah seriously when i looked at that picture i was like, man this is a classic joke. how funny is that. anyone have a wire diagram for THIS?!?! theres like 9 miles of wire in there! hope i never have to go into that mess. i bet that weight is killing my 1/4mile time!

btw, that interior looks like its SEXY

·
Registered
105 Posts
What year is that?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Get a haynes , go to kinkos and blow that sucker up, you wont be able to read it without going blind. What exactly are you trying to figure out?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am planning on doing some custom work here so i wanted to take off all the wires. and for the record what is kinkos

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Oh kinkos is a place where you can make all kinds of copies and enlarge documents.

·
Registered
12 Posts
when i bought my car, from a private seller, he threw in this big book of wiring. it's got every wire in the car. from head lights to tail lights and shows every thing in between....i think it's called a shop schmatic but that is what you need it is basically a blueprint of the cars wiring and it comes in wicked handy. i'd check evay maybe...i'd scan it and send it to you but the pages r seriously about 14" X 24"

·
Registered
60 Posts
go to helm.com, you can order factory wiring books that show and designate connectors, pin locations and all kins of other things, i wouldnot have been able to do my 5.0 swap with out them

G

·
I do not envy you, my friend. I've done a little work on my wiring as far as fog light rewire, kill switch, hardwiring my radar detector and such but I wouldn't dream of diving into that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i dont think its as bad as it looks, i would sort it out, try to figure out where the connectors should go (cluster, switches, steering column, a/c), maybe tie the harness back together some, did you get the car like that or did you take the dash out, what parts do you have? i work on mercedes and after you get the carpet out and open the harness on some cars its crazy, figure some benzs have 100 control units that all need to talk to each other, your best bet is to dive in and see whats what and what your working with,
have fun and good luck

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
geesh, I thought what I had to go through to replace the heater core the other day was bad... yours is a nightmare!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.