Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 mustang gt 5 speed and i am tryin to see wat kind of performance gains i will have with a underdrive kit

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Honestly, not much. By a seat of the pants (butt dyno) feel you'll barely notice a difference. I have them and think that whatever I noticed was mostly my imagination. I would skip them and spend the money elsewhere, like maybe an off road midpipe. Even a CAI is money better spent in this situation imo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX I apprciate the info

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What CAI do u recommend

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I think i am gonna get BBK combo with 78mm Throttlebody and elbow

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i wouldnt do bigger than 75mm throttlebody and plenum since its n/a. you will also need a tune cause it will run lean cause of alot more air going in. also, the better it sucks air in, the better it needs to let it out, put an x-pipe on it. then there are also gears that can be put on it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a BBK 75mm throttle body and C&L plenum I will sell cheap if you interested. The only reason I took them off was for the KB SC. How does $125 sound only has a few thousand miles on it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds great but i am all the way in cali how would we do that

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a flowmaster h pipe should i take that off and get the x

·
Registered
378 Posts
PM me your address and I can find out what shipping would be.
As for swapping out your h pipe, it depends on what your looking for sound wise, hp wise your only looking at a couple horses if that. X pipe is more raspy like Nascar and H pipe sounds more like the classic muscle car...plenty of sound clips on youtube

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will it affect my gas milege??????
the throttle body

·
Registered
378 Posts
Anything you do to your car as far as performance goes is going to affect your gas mieage. If your just driving it not so much , but if your into the throttle all the time than ofcourse. One thing it will do is give it a deeper tone and better acceleration

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet
:gringreen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts