Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, like I have posted before, I don't know much about cars and I'm looking to increase my 2006 mustang's performance.

If I were to get Underdrive pulleys, would this make any complications for a future supercharger?

If this does not make complications for a future supercharger, what pulleys will give me the best performance? ANd what pulley will be the best bang for the buck?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure of complication issues with a s/c, not too much into those..

I bought a set of summit racing udp's for about a hundred bucks new..didn't notice too much of a difference, except it climbed a bit quicker in RPMs as they increased. May get about 5-6 hp out of them, if that?..

Someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I would skip the pulleys if you plan on going with s SC later down the road. It'll be a waste of money for your plans because you'll have to get rid of them once the SC goes on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would skip the pulleys if you plan on going with s SC later down the road. It'll be a waste of money for your plans because you'll have to get rid of them once the SC goes on.
Thanks man. That's what I was wondering. I have aftermarket exhaust, sct x3, and a CAI. What other improvements can be made that will not screw with a S/C down the road? I don't wana waste money obviously ya no.

Thanks

G

·
Thanks man. That's what I was wondering. I have aftermarket exhaust, sct x3, and a CAI. What other improvements can be made that will not screw with a S/C down the road? I don't wana waste money obviously ya no.

Thanks

Charge motion delete plates... gears (3.73's would be great for a SC car)... LT headers (assuming you just have axlebacks right now). You also don't want to forget about suspension components. After adding serious power you want that power to make it to the ground. Brakes will be a concern as well... stopping is always fun!:bigthumbsup

As stated above - avoid pulleys if you're going FI anytime soon. They will not be compatible with a SC setup.

Have fun!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Charge motion delete plates... gears (3.73's would be great for a SC car)... LT headers (assuming you just have axlebacks right now). You also don't want to forget about suspension components. After adding serious power you want that power to make it to the ground. Brakes will be a concern as well... stopping is always fun!:bigthumbsup

As stated above - avoid pulleys if you're going FI anytime soon. They will not be compatible with a SC setup.

Have fun!:bigthumbsup
+1 pretty much covered it for the most part:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.